Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce size of Hide Keyboard Button Banner

I really like the hide keyboard button under the keyboard, it comes in really useful...

But I think it is way to big and it would be great to trim the spare pixels above and below the icons to lower the keyboard.

(Sorry for the bad lines on the screenshot.... Please do not trim to these exact lines :face-with-tears-of-joy: straight lines would be perfect20191025_184410.jpg

11 Comments
WalterFox
Navigator
Options

Hi, 

It's very easy to fix it. Go to settings, navigation bar and turn, off SHOW BUTTON TO HIDE KEYBOARD. 

For some reason I am not able upload pictures to show you results.

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @WalterFox 

I think @BenGinders  wants to keep the button, but just wants to save as much space as possible by making it smaller.

I will share it with the developers @BenGinders ! They might need to test it and check if making it smaller will not make it inconvenient.

If it does get accepted I will let them know to follow the lines you have marked on the image! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye::face-with-tears-of-joy:

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Yes @TomaszT  that is correct :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Perfect let me know what they come back with.

I think they may struggle to get the perfection on the lines like I did :ok-hand::face-with-tears-of-joy:

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

I may also have to put a suggestion to allow shapes, lines t and text to the screenshot editor :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options

On gesture mode, the keyboard should hide on swipe down from screen. Swipe left works but swipe down makes more sense.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Great suggestion @rajaamerkhan, my worry with this would be it may interfere with the one handed mode gesture also users who have swipe keyboard active.

rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options

Screenshot_20191105-223619_Chrome.jpg

Swipe down area could be a limited one.. like the one mentioned on top of my keyboard... So anyone could swipe down from this area.. the keyboard should hide.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

That makes perfect sense with a defined marker it would be easy to find the correct place to swipe down from...

Thanks @rajaamerkhan 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @TomaszT ,

Any updates on this one, it really does take up alot of the screen and looks lost. And it seems to be bigger than ever now.

Out of all the suggestions this one should be simple and would really make me happy :winking-face:Screenshot_20191120-210002_Chrome.jpg