Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranked New Features Before Go-Live

The Beta end is near..

Samsung has worked hard to fix all those pesky bugs...

But I have not seen any of the suggested features implemented so here is a last call in case we can get a few before the last Beta....

Ranked In order of importance/popularity..

1. Implementation of Google Feed/Home on first page of home screen (even if it's part of Samsung Daily)

2. Vertical volume bars (Bottom right corner)

3. Shoot with all Cameras at once

4. Smart Things notification tray, ability to switch devices without leaving current app (as with Android Pie)

5. Improved/new notification notification light

6. Improved night camera shot (faster & less noise)

7.  Better more reactive scene optimizer (e.g. for macro/portrait apply blur, when dark apply night mode)

8. Split Video close up and distance at the same time

Hopefully these changes should be simple enough and already be in Samsungs pipeline as these are much requested and are what other manufacturers have over Samsung.

Please @TomaszT push this to the Devs in hope we can get some of these in on the next (and probably final release)

18 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hey @BenGinders 

Thanks for this compilation thread! 

Truth be told, I already got a positive feedback regarding some of the options mentioned.

However, as finding and fixing the bugs is the highest priority, it is really hard to devote the time to focus on adding something new.

In a few cases, they are initially accepted but I doubt they will be added in Beta, but rather in either an official version, or in one of the future updates (as time and testing are necessary to implement those).

And you can be sure, that I pester the development team constantly, especailly when it comes to the suggestions that have the biggest support :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Taufique
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Daily simply needs to be scrapped it can't talk to Google Now. It just bloatware no one really wants or needs!

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks @TomaszT 

I do completely understand, coming from an IT background, even the most requested change can cause negative effect of they are not tested properly causing bugs.

This was just a final reminder now all the bugs are nearly squashed.

Thank you as always for pushing our Suggestions :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

It's the things that have been taken away that worked fine before that are most frustrating.

Even the link to the play store from the App details page in the settings- I don't understand why that can't just be put back. That one almost feels as if Samsung are trying to make it difficult for us to use the Play store. 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @ryamoo  I do agree with that link in the app settings to the playstore... I alsow wish this was back.

@TomaszT  what is the Devs thoughts on this.. It has been raised a few times, and I would imagine a simple change for the Devs.... Even if it was a click on the version number to go to playstore (to save changing layouts or adding items)

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @BenGinders & @ryamoo 

As for the Play store link change, I have been told that it's Google's android concept and that's why it has disappeared.

But I am trying to see if it is possible to add it on our own, even if it remains removed on Google's side :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options

Yep totally agree 

Binita001
First Poster
Options

1. An app for women's like when a women screams over a particular pitch ..like a distress call of help it should automatically connect to nearest police station with all basic details of the person and also send current location if required. Then the police official can call back the family members to know if there is any anomaly and use their methods to confirm if it was really a distress call.. it can really save someone's life ..

This feature should also activate automatically in case of traveling. Many people go missing and if  a body is found sometimes it takes months to find out who the person was.. so if the basic info is available as a record it would be easy for officials to take action . This should come as a builtin pre installed free feature with Samsung