Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password required to power off the phone

0 Likes

Hi everyone,

I would like to suggest a feature that I think is essential for people who have their phones lost or stolen. That is the required password to turn the phone completely off.

This feature can be set to turn on by the phone owner in their interest of use.

When the phone is stolen, the stranger (who has the phone) usually turns off the phone to prevent the owner to trace and find the phone. So with the "password-required-turn-off" feature, the phone will be kept running to send tracing locations to the owner's account.
Besides, when this feature is turned on, if the stranger tries to turn off the phone but failed to do that because he doesn't know the password, the phone will consider that this phone was lost or stolen, then it will use all back and front cameras to take photos of the stranger especially when it can detect the faces. The photos and location will be sent to the owner by any wifi saved in the phone before, or it might open the mobile data feature if the phone has the service.
Even if the stranger put the phone face down, he might want to open the phone and pull out the battery, the phone also uses the back camera(s) to take some photos of his face.

This is just my thought about security for the phone owner's sake. Hope you guys don't throw aggressive comments at me.
I love Samsung phones. So I would like to make a voice to make it more secure and useful.

Thank you so much for reading this.