Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification pulse (camera)

So I've seen third party ones available, which to me means if someone else can make it so can Samsung :smiling-face:

Notification pulse/light around the camera would be amazing and again what better way to roll it out than with one ui 2.0

Anyone else miss they're notification light cos I bloody do? 

13 Comments
gunners1506
Apprentice
Options

There's an option in Edge Lighting in settings

Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

I don't seem to see an option for it just round the camera as a led light which is pants however I also can't seem to upload images to show what I see 

gunners1506
Apprentice
Options

This is what I seeScreenshot_20191021-112828_Edge screen.jpg

Screenshot_20191021-112820_Edge screen.jpg

Screenshot_20191021-112810_Edge screen.jpg

gunners1506
Apprentice
Options

Just remembered, you may need to download GoodLock and EdgeLighting+

My screenshot above is orf the old version, it's now called Black Hole not Eclipse

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.androidl

Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

This is the biggest drawback with the s10. I honestly  wont look to the next Samsung if it doesn't have something.  I've had to resort to glory light.

Edge lighting does not replace the LED

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @Jamsterdm 

Thank you for sharing that idea. 
That is true that some 3rd party apps support that function, but what we are afraid of is the burn-in effect that such a solution may cause.

But our development team is already working hard to find a solution! So it is possible that something similar might be introduced in the future.

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Hmm, if it flickered like the pulse currently does around the camera for face/Iris then I don't see no difference to it than AOD in fact it could be a part of AOD settings... 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

I do admit, I would like to see the black hole function working with One UI 2.0 I have Good Lock installed, along with Edge Lighting+ but when selecting this option, nothing happens.

For the burn in, I would imagine a pulse with 5 second gaps along with slight 1 pixel shifts each way every few minutes, also variations in colours would help limit burn in.

But I'm sure the developers are hot on this already, with a solution that will protect our devices but deliver a simple notification light that takes advantage of the Camera cut out

Awahwah
Explorer
Options

I like it :smiling-face: