Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification LED

As we all know, with previous Samsung devices there was a dedicated LED for notifications.

For the S10 family and Note, Samsung have tried to solve this issue with a similar approach to lighting the pixels around the cameras to show of any notifications. 

First of all, this is a great implementation but it not the same as the notifications LED because the pixels light up for a few seconds ar best whereas previously the LED would display a colour constantly until the notifications were read or cleared.

My suggestion is can you please implement the same functionality as the notifications LED of the past as at times this small duration of pixels lighting up isn't enough and often people tend to forget they have recieved a notification.

Thanks for replying to my previous posts and for taking out time to read this and others in the future.

MrTechNotion

Tags (1)
15 Comments
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options

Have you tried going in settings accessibility then turn on led camera flash and screen flash for notifications? It's pretty good as a compromise  

FK1983
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20191109-122115_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20191109-122122_Accessibility.jpg

Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Yeah, but they are no different  to edge lighting,  in that they dont repeat, which is kind of the point.

Valgore
Navigator
Options

@Bertie_bunghol I agree. The camera flash means you need to put your phone face down the the Phone screen flash does not repeat. I really don't understand why a repeating notification was not thought about. The screen flash or Edge lighting could be used if it could repeat for notifications. Granted I'm guessing the trade off if you wanted to use such a feature more of a battery drain but I would make that trade off for sure. 

Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Ref burn in problems, will burn in problems not occur on the AOD if the option for fingerprint is displayed on it as it has been an option with this newest beta, I don't see it disappear if my AOD that is on but the AOD moves slightly....