Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation issue with/without gestures

0 Likes

In the beta Binary 1, for switching between recent apps, there was this facility where we could swipe sideways at the bottom edge of the display to smoothly transition between various opened apps.

Ever since there were updates this feature has been unavailable when the gesture hints turned off. I just noticed that when the gesture hints are turned on and I swipe sideways on the navigation pill, the smooth transition is available. But when I do the same with the gesture hints turned off, it is unavailable. 

Why is there a mismatch of functionality between these two options?

@TomaszT

I believe users may already have reported this. But we loved the transition with the gesture hints off. Hope we get this back soon. 

2 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hello @Arshaa 

You are right! This topic has already been posted here by other user and I have already forwarded it to the development team.

They have said, that this was intentionally disabled, because after tests it turned out that if gesture hints are disabled, this interaction has interfered with some of the apps and made for a poor user's experience.

But they have assured me that they are working on either fixing the current solution (if it is possible) or provide something else in it's stead :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

There was a way it worked on Android 9 that flicked through several apps but I can't remember how that worked - i think it was when navigation buttons were displayed.

With gestures on and gesture hints, it just flicks one app at a time. Is the multi flick a feature that was removed?

I'm confused with the various options.