Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Natively lock individual apps

Please could you add the ability to natively lock individual apps to avoid users having to download third party apps.

4 Comments
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @A8DUL,

You could use "Secure Folder" via settings>Biometrics and Security>Secure Folder

You can put apps and individual files in there and have it lock immediately so you can access all your security sensitive apps in one place unlocked with your chosen security methodScreen_Recording_20191031-200910_1.gif

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @A8DUL 

Let me know if @BenGinders 's solution is the thing you have been looking for! :winking-face:

Thanks for helping out @BenGinders ! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

RNeo
First Poster
Options

Hello @TomaszT ,

It is always good to have a "App Lock" functionality (which is very commonly provided by other mobile brands like Xiomi,Redmi etc) to lock individual Apps instead of cluttering Secure Folder with all the sensitive apps into single folder. 

Like if I have to lock GPay, Whatsapp, Facebook etc I just cant put all these apps into Secure Folder.

Also, there is huge problem with Secure Folder as follows

1. If I have installed for say Whatsapp as a regulat app from playstore outside of Secure Folder  and then add it in Secure folder then anyone can access the whatsapp which is outside of the securefolder.

2. If I directly install for say GPay app in Secure Folder and try to initiate a payment from any app outside ot the secure folder it do not opens the GPay app as it is inside the secure folder.

Hence it is a very basic and must required feature to have a App Lock feature inbuilt from OneUi itself to provide 1 more level of security.