Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More ideas....

0 Likes

Is there anyway the audio latency can be accelerated so we can use midi connections for music production in real-time? Apple products work well but android seem to have an issue with this.

Maybe a face-time feature specifically for android/samsung users. We dont really have a good video call option on these phones unless its a 3rd party app. A specific built in samsung video calling apo would be good.

Also RCS messaging built into Samsung messages. We seem miles behind the competition in these specific areas.

6 Comments
UrbanBacklip
Explorer
Options

Hi, I am not a mod but I can tell you that video calling and RCS are built into the phone but your network provider has to support it. So it is down to them. For example, in the UK at the moment the only providers that I know of that supports RCS/Video calling are Vodafone and Voxi which uses the Vodafone network. Your recipient also has to have a supported sim card and network provider.

djshaunyg
Navigator
Options

Hi. Sorry i should of explained better.

Like apple devices, all you need is an apple I.D to use facetime/imessage features. These are free to use as it is all used over wifi/data and apple I.D. There is nothing like this for samsung users. We could use our samsung account to use these features like iphone users do, however we are lacking the apps/software to do this. I get you point that RCS messages are around, however the process to activate it is complicated for the standard user. Plus the method you are suggesting uses airtime/money instead of being free. If these features were available out of the box on samsung phones it would be a game changer. I believe most people i know only prefer iphones over other makes of smartphone beacuse of the simplicity of these features.

MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @djshaunyg,

your suggestion about the audio latency seems interesting. I've forwarded it to our development team! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

As for video calls and RCS, they depend on your provider. The iMessages and similar services are based on the RCS availability, not on the phone's system.

djshaunyg
Navigator
Options

Hi. There is some information regarding audio latency on android at http://www.superpowered.com/ this may be helpfull to your developers.

I know video calls and RCS depend on carrier, this is not the point i am making.

Facetime & Imessage have nothing to do with carrier. Infact you can use both without a sim card. It comes down to software which is what i am saying samsung should jump on board with. If we can use these features with our samsung accounts over wifi then that would be the solution.

MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @djshaunyg,

thanks for the explanation! I didn't know iMessages could work without the SIM card! :thinking-face: I guess a similar sevice is offered by Google Voice, right? We'll check if we would be able to provide something similar with Samsung Account. I'll send the suggestion to Korea :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

djshaunyg
Navigator
Options

I am unsure if google voice can do that as it would need to go through android message app i think. Which is not pre-loaded.