Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging SMS

Improve and update the SMS app as I use Google messages app! I just think it need an update and UI overhaul to fit in with the amazing ONE UI theme 😊

9 Comments
ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

Agreed! 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @harrythake 

Could you let us know what changes you have in mind? 

It would be best to know which features of the app you think could be improved and how :smiling-face:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Needs Info

Awahwah
Explorer
Options

I prefer Google offering for sure but the stock app, in my opinion,  does full into the One UI stable. What I dislike the must is the horrid icon, googles is so much better.

Okuda
Journeyman
Options

Over the past few years Samsung has removed more and more features from the default SMS app. ie. You can no longer change the bubble colours or shape also you could also change the chat background. Why..?

Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Its probably the worst SMS app there is. I'm a textra fan, purely because I can change the colours of bubbles and people threads, which makes it much quicker to scan.

Samsungs offering just seems fixated on pushing stickers to is all.

Warrior145
Journeyman
Options

Would love to be able to customize the colour of conversations like you can on 3rd party messaging apps it just adds an additional layer of personalisation to an otherwise dull but functional app.

Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Also makes them easier to read, at least to me. The colours it has by default are horrible to look at!

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed