Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locate device

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 02:29 PM)
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
Would you please be able to add the ability to locate the Samsung devices even if the wifi or mobile Internet data are both off 
This feature was available when i had Sony device, if the location is on and wife and mobile data were both of when you try to locate the device using Sony website then the locate device from the website was forcing the phone to turn on the mobile data and it was automatically turning on mobile data then it was locating the device
This was an amazing feature and i really hope this can be implemented in Samsung devices
5 REPLIES 5
Intratech
Voyager
Options
already introduce by Samsung a while back through the Smartthings app & also can be done via website. This feature has been available on Samsung phones for as long as I can remember so maybe they didn't do a good job of making users aware of it.

Screenshot_20201203-003030_SmartThings_35499.jpg

Screenshot_20201203-004347_Samsung Members_35503.jpg

0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
I have tested that by turning off wifi and mobile data on my s10+ then went to Samsung findmymobile link tried to find my device but it doesn't force turn on wifi or mobile data so it doesn't find my device rather it says the messages below

20201203_101124_51029.jpg

20201203_100821_51021.jpg

20201203_101818_51043.jpg

0 Likes
Intratech
Voyager
Options
have you set it up on the device and signed into your Samsung account on there? I've tested it on mine and it's located the exact house the device is in.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@AmirMhmd

As @Intratech has already mentioned (Thanks!) it is already possible to locate the device using Find My Mobile link even without the use of WiFi or Mobile Data connection. 

For this function to be accessible you need to be logged in your Samsung Account and make sure that there are devices nearby, that can find your device if you want to test this option (it should have offline finding enabled and your tested device should be within its nearby sharing range).

If the above-mentioned requirements are met and you still cannot use this function, please report the problem via the Members application so that our developers can have a look at the issue 😉.

0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
hi all thanks for your replies, but my understanding of find my device feature is not only if you can't see your device , rather my understanding is, if you forgot your device on the bus , another home, lost in a restaurant, has been stolen, dropped your device from your bag without noticing,
in all the situations above and more you won't really need to have lost your device necessarily with another device
0 Likes