Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve HEIF & HDR10+ conversion feature

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 01:26 PM)
AlHaj
Explorer
Options
Currently Samsung Gallery has this feature 'Convert HEIF images when sharing' and 'Convert HDR10+ videos when sharing'.

These are handy features for when sharing images/videos to an app that doesn't support HEIF & HDR10+ format so it'll convert to JPG or respective format. The issue is that it'll only convert for 1 single image, if you decide to select multiple images it won't convert it.

If you wanted to share eg 5 photos, it won't convert since I've selected multiple images at the same time, instead I would have to share images one by one separately which seems like an inconvenience. 

Imagine you had 20 HEIF format photos or 20 HDR10+ videos you wanted to share them all at the same time but couldn't because an app doesn't support it, you'll have to share those 20 photos/videos separately each time which is frustrating. 

Inconviences like this will probably discourage people from using HEIF and HDR10+ file format so I'm hoping Samsung Gallery will support multiple HEIF images & multiple HDR10+ videos conversion in an update. 

3 REPLIES 3
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
Very good point, this needs to be addressed as you point out its pointless to offer both of these (share & conversion) but being unable to do that with multiple selected images seems silly.

I'm sure this can be resolved fairly easy. 🤞
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@AlHaj,

Thanks for this suggestion! I've just passed it on to our development team! 😉 It would be great to be able to share multiple converted files at once!:hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed: 

Minxii Love
First Poster
Options

Has this issue been resolved yet?? Thanks for the info though! Now I know why I usually can't share more than 2 pictures at a time with my last phone! (S20 Ultra)

0 Likes