Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Clock In Status Bar When Clock Widget Is Enabled

Option to hide clock in status bar on the home screen when a clock widget is enabled. 

5 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @ETHAN0 

Thanks for the suggestion!

I must admit, that if I had that option, I would probably still want to have the clock in the notification bar.

Not only did it become a habit for me, to look for it there, but also I hardly ever have only home screen enabled.

But if there are a lot of supporters for this idea, I will be sure to forward it to the development team! :winking-face:

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

@TomaszT I'm sure that you just love to disagree 😂 Kidding of course haha! 

I dont have just the home screen enabled either, I have the standard setup with the app draw etc but on my home screen I have a clock widget along the top and I see no reason for there to also we a clock in the status bar at the same time. 

As mentioned it would need to be an option for the user and not a forced feature. 

Thanks! 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @ETHAN0 

It's not that I disagree, but I'm just trying to see if as a user, I would use that option frequently (or at all).

And I do understand that giving the option to customize everything would be great. I would love that too for some options :heavy-black-heart:

However, the main problem with that is that it takes the storage space (that users could use for their private data) and it may also affect the device's performance (due to being overloaded with many options).

That is why it is important to leave the customization option for features that users would frequently change and for those that would hardly affect the users or would not be used at all it is better to just remove/not implement them.

So if there is a lot of support for features like that, then it becomes easier to share it with a development team so they take it into consideration :winking-face:

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

@TomaszT 

I understand. I suppose the way I look at it is these kind of features aren't really anything new (other devices have them) and that's why I suggest them here.

At the end of the day, we're talking about MB and not GB extra to add features like these. One of the main reasons we choose Android over iOS is for the features and options and therefore I'm sure people would be willing to give tiny amounts of storage in return for more potentially useful features and options.

If storage space is a big issue then could Samsung cut back on the pre-installed bloatware a little in order to make room for more useful features? 

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how big or how small the suggestions on here are, they're all an attempt to improve One Ui for us all.

I've seen some incredible suggestions on here and I really hope Samsung makes more effort this year than ever before to impliment as many of them as possible.

Anyway, I appreciate you for being on here and taking note of our suggestions. It's much appreciated.  

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @ETHAN0 

I have already explained the bloatware problem in another post.

It is mostly related to the licences and contracts with other companies :winking-face:

As for the space and the performance.

If every option on your device could be customized then it would seriously affect the software performance.

The extra space taken would also cause dissatisfaction for many users (we already receive signals from some users, that the space taken by the software is way too big).

So we try to balance it out. Provide customization options for features that will be changed by majority of users.

And I do agree with you that every suggestion counts and from what I have seen on this Community, the ideas that you all have are so great and creative! And I have seen so much potential in them that I also hope that most of them will be implemented! 

It's just that when it comes to suggestions related to just "personal preference" or "more customization" for options that might not be used much, it is better to get some more support first to be sure that we do not overload the software with features that are hardly ever used :winking-face: