Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery: AI powered search

0 Likes

The Gallery app should analyze pictures to allow us to search them and find them more easily.

The analysis could begin once the phone is fully charged while still being plugged in.

5 Comments
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

As far as I'm aware, any analysis happens on the server side, so wouldn't affect the phones' resources. Also, you can already do this - search for 'food' or 'grass' for example. :smiling-face:

Samare
Explorer
Options

Indeed thank you, I've never noticed that search icon, my bad. 🤐

I don't know how it can happen on the server side though as the pictures don't leave the phone (sync disabled).

SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

AH. Without sync, it may just work, just not as well. I didn't think it worked without sync.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, whilst spending 20 mins scrolling looking for a car picture.

Samare
Explorer
Options

While we can add tags to our pictures, these tags are not saved in the pictures files standard "Keywords" tag.

So if we transfer these files  to a computer, we'll lose these tags.

Embedding them in the files in the standard way (and without changing the date of the files) with the "Keywords" tag could make use more prone to add tags. These tags could then be used for machine learning to improve search for all users.