Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge Lighting App Colour Selection

(Topic created on: 30-10-2020 03:07 PM)
Liamò
Explorer
Options
Can no longer change individual app colours for the edge lighting style notifications. Feature seems to be removed/missing in One UI 3.

Request to add it back please.
Clip of lack of manual colour selection.

7 REPLIES 7
SirCubed
Explorer
Options
Yeah I made a similar post about it earlier. Hoping they add it back too as some of the app specific colours aren't very good.
tester87
Apprentice
Options
the edge lighting is now in brief pop up settings in the notification settings
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Liamò,

The edge lighting setting didn't disappear! 😉 You can find it here: Settings > Notifications > Set notifications as brief > Brief pop-up settings > Edge lighting style.

0 Likes
Tee20
Explorer
Options
The edge colours are too pastelly and need to be as bright as before
0 Likes
Liamò
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the response, however I'm talking about manually assigning colours for each app′s edge lighting. This was possible in One UI 2 with a sub menu when you press ″App colour″, but not in 3. I attached a clip in the main post to show what I mean.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

But when you go in that menu you are unable to choose a colour for each app. You can choose "color by app", but then you are stuck with the colour that had been defined for that app when the actual, full menu was still there.

0 Likes
vlesnk
First Poster
Options

Also now there is no option to use edge lighting only when screen is off - the way i liked it.

0 Likes