Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Egde Lighting?

@TomaszT 

Just had a thought and come up with this. 

Can we have 2 Edge lighting facility? One for when the screen is facing upwards on a desk and the other when the screen is facing downwards on the desk? 

I believe not everyone may want the entire edges to glow when the screen is upwards as it may be more distracting during work.

The real use of the edges for notifications come in only when the screen is facing downward on the desk or on a bed during our sleep where the screen edges light up powerfully to make us aware of a notification. 

Really hoping people would love such feature. 

Tags (1)
3 Comments
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@Arshaa  I really like this idea as the black hole looks great when the screen is up but is useless if the screen is face down :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Arshaa
Navigator
Options

@BenGinders

Exactly what I had imagined in my mind 😊

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @Arshaa 

Actually, this feature was available in the first devices that had Edge screens (I'm not sure about S6, but S7 had it for sure).

And that option has been removed due to not being used very often.

So it would help if this suggestion could get a lot of likes, so our development team can see that a lot of users would like to use it again! :smiling-face: