Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Do not create new homescreen page every time a new app is installed.

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 12:58 PM)
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options
Every time I install a new app from the Play Store, a new homescreen page is added for that app icon, even though there is plenty of room on my main homescreen page and also a completely empty extra page that already exists.
Please place newly installed app icons in the first available space on the main homescreen or an already existing page if the main screen has no room.
24 REPLIES 24
Andrey Consalter
First Poster
Options

SOLUTION: Remove any app/widget from the bottom right corner of the last homescreen page to the right. New apps will always be added to the right of the last (right/bottom) icon you have on that last page to the right, so, optimally, you should put everything the most you can to the top left corner, so that you have more free space before a new page is created automatically.

It's a workaround for a dumb system.

Yourecosystemblows
First Poster
Options

This is not a solution,  in the least. In fact its worse: that location would become dead unusable space. 

BEFTS
Student
Options

Hi, was this ever resolved and how do you solve the issue? I'm also having this problem on my S22 Ultra. Thanks 

0 Likes
666alien
Student
Options

All most in 2023 and same things happen to me on my s22 ultra , awesome Samsung , good job 

0 Likes
Katakalysmic
First Poster
Options

Howdo we send N error report cause my lg velvet does this as well.

0 Likes
DanielP123
First Poster
Options

ZFlip4 and ZFold4 do the same. It's extremely annoying. I would have thought Samsung could do better given that the solution is just to write code to find the first empty spot on existing screens.

0 Likes
Wacx
First Poster
Options

same. they only add below existing ones meaning if bottom right is full it creates a new space which is infuriating since the bottom right spot is the most accessible and therefor for me the most important spot. 

Joo_
First Poster
Options

Have the same problem with my A52s. You would say that after 2 year they would have been able to solve this issue?

0 Likes
oakley349
First Poster
Options

Same issue on S21. Annoys me and wastes my time frequently. Please fix 

0 Likes
aendr
First Poster
Options
It's the same for me. So annoying
0 Likes