Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Icon Packs

(Topic created on: 28-10-2020 10:01 AM)
callum_emery
Pioneer
Options
Please add custom icon pack compatibility to OneUi 3.

There are hundreds of great icon packs available in the Google Play Store which unfortunately do not work with OneUi.

I know Galaxy Themes is an option, however it is not optimised and very, very few of the icon packs available actually look nice.

Currently the only way to have truly custom icons for apps with no shortcut icon on the app is to create a custom widget for every single app.

Play Store custom icon pack compatibility would be a great addition and is something I'd love to see.
9 REPLIES 9
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Plus the theme store has a constant marketing nag unless you opt in to handing over your data, which is a pretty crappy thing of Samsung to do. So the theme store is a no-go for me. I'll be removing it via adb next time I connect to the PC.
callum_emery
Pioneer
Options
what is adb, is it a program you can install to your pc? and will it void my warranty if i use it to remove bloatware
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @callum_emery,

Thanks for your opinion and the idea 😉. I've just escalated it to our development team. Indeed, it would be convenient if the custom icon pack compatibility was added to One UI 3 :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:.

callum_emery
Pioneer
Options
thank you very much I really hope this makes it in
0 Likes
Liamò
Explorer
Options
adb is a tool used to interface an Android device with a PC.

It is meant to be used by developers, however it can be used by consumers to enable/disable hidden developer features.

Only use it to disable certain apps/packages that you know.

Use of adb in general or in this way does not void warranty.
callum_emery
Pioneer
Options
Cheers I'll definitely use it
0 Likes
Brad2607
Pioneer
Options

Would love to see this added, it's the main reason I don't use the default launcher!

callum_emery
Pioneer
Options
@Brad2607 if you're still interested in using the One UI launcher, you can clean up the home screen using an app called 'Shortcut Maker' from the Playstore.

Unfortunately the apps tray and app roulette will still have the stock icons, but you can at least make the homescreen nicer.

Screenshot_20210121-143238_One UI Home.png

Screenshot_20210121-142936_One UI Home.png

Screenshot_20210121-142906_One UI Home.png

Brad2607
Pioneer
Options

Nice thanks for the tip!