Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat bubbles position

(Topic created on: 28-10-2020 09:44 PM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Chat bubbles position should be sticky - meaning if I move the bubble somewhere (for example, bottom right third of the screen), then later dismiss it, it should then appear in that same place next time I get a message.

It currently always defaults to the top left third of the screen (pretty much opposite the top of the volume button on the S20+ 5G).
Pretty poor placement considering the one-handed tailoring for the OS in other place. I can't reach the bubble with either hand without adjusting my grip.

Messenger's chat heads used to re-appear where I last placed them. At this point, that is basic and expected behaviour. 
10 REPLIES 10
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @ryamoo,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us! 😊 I really like your idea about chat bubbles being sticky😏 It they could reappear at the bottom of the screen (if we had placed them there earlier), that would greatly simplify one-handed access to them! I can assure you that the suggestion will go to our development team 😀.

Tee20
Explorer
Options
How have u got the bubbles to work? They have not been appearing for me
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

It's a bit of effort. I don't think it should be this complicated. Have a look at my comments on here, this is how I got them to work for messenger:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/discussions/facebook-chat-heads-bubbles/td-p/2180909

Seems you might have to enable them for every app that supports it, rather than just a universal "on" setting. 

0 Likes
Sahassra
First Poster
Options

Chat bubbles position should be sticky - meaning if I move the bubble somewhere (for example, bottom right third of the screen), then later dismiss it, it should then appear in that same place next time I get a message.

This is a major issue...fix this issue in next update ASAP...

Galaxy A51 User...

Redz73
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I totally agree! This is driving me nuts 😡

MrMoustache7
First Poster
Options
Still one of my biggest gripes many months on from the android 11 update
Fredward95
First Poster
Options

I completely avoid using this feature because the bubble doesn't "stick" to where I put it.

If you're left handed,  it works great,  but alas, I am not. 

0 Likes
Members_uYBEuYG
First Poster
Options

Hope this gets sorted as I've now had to move a folder out of position in order to spot the fb messenger bubble as it overlays it. Should revert back to 'sticky' format asap. Also bubble seems smaller?

0 Likes
Egear
Apprentice
Options

How have you still not fixed this it's an absolute nightmare to use! And if you don't have the bubbles you can't use messenger over other apps fix it already!!