Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera photo settings

(Topic created on: 18-11-2020 01:28 PM)
Aumeisters
Pathfinder
Options
Anyone else finds annoying that in camera there are no more resolution settings? Just because it gives me aspect ratio isn't helpful at all. A lot of websites are still limited their uploads by size of image or resolution of image, so dont find aspect ratios useful at any way.

Anyone else feels like that?
10 REPLIES 10
NV_UK
Navigator
Options
Not sure if you know, changing the aspect ratio it also changes the resolution. It actually lowers it.
0 Likes
AlHaj
Explorer
Options
I wish there were more aspect ratio options for the 1440p recording, also wish there was 1440p 60fps!
Aumeisters
Pathfinder
Options
I know that but if I need to upload let's say very specific size, I need to google up which aspect ratio is closed to maximum allowed, rather than just hitting setting button and changing it.

P.S. depending on aspect ratio it can increase resolution too, not only lower it all depends which ratio been selected 😉
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Open gallery, open image, tap the edit icon, tap the 3 dots in the right hand corner, resize, pick the size you want, save it.

Screenshot_20201115-094657_Photo Editor.jpg

0 Likes
Aumeisters
Pathfinder
Options
and you call that efficiency? 😅😅 do you climb into car through boot as well just because is possible? 🤣🤣
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
who said it was efficient? It's a solution to your problem.
How often do you think the masses want to spend time altering the camera settings before taking a photo?
Makes more sense to snap, then edit.
It just seems like a very niche issue for any websites that can't handle an image size.
Admittedly, discord's filesize limit can be frustrating when sending a video, but it's usually a video that I didn't take specifically for discord. Most of my images and videos are not taken for a specific platform, and I imagine I'm part of the majority in that regard.
Aumeisters
Pathfinder
Options
Well thats the thing that it shouldn't be a problem in first place. how hard can it be to add in brackets next to aspect ratios actual photo resolutions. it's not like I'm asking to add new features or anything, just a simple resolutions for each aspect ratios, as aspect ratio will be different if I swap between s8, s10plus, s20 ultra and note 10 for example, so 4:3 aspect ratio on s8 is 4032x3024 or 2880x2160 depending on how many pixels gets used on s20 ultra 4:3 is 4000x3000 or 12000x9000 again depending on how many pixels gets used, attached photo of note 10 as far much to write but obviously depending on camera getting used resolutions change on same aspect ratio. I pretty much never do photo editing. if I need to do that I'll just grab my Sony a7s camera and do it there. everyone has its own opinion and I'm fine with that. my phone gets used as efficient I possibly can as that's what it ment to do for me.

Screenshot_20201116-000029_Google_28374.jpg

MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Aumeisters,

Thank you for your feedback! I'll forward your suggestion to our development team! Let's see if more resolution settings can be introduced! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Aumeisters
Pathfinder
Options
don't really need more resolution settings added, just an actual resolution rather than only aspect ratios