Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery

Can you improve the battery through software like apple do their iphone 11 pro has 3190mah and that seems to last a lot longer than most of your flagship you need to heavily improve your software optimisation for your batteries 

4 Comments
Davidmcd2001
Journeyman
Options

I've noticed that even though Samsung has significantly higher mah rating on batteries they always seem to last significantly less , example being the Huawei mate 20 pro absolutely dominates the galaxy s10 plus in batter life even though there is a 100 mah difference 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @Iamrehan 

That is actually one of the goals of the changes that have been happening to our software.

We are trying to increase the battery performance, but also try to limit the processes that might impact it negatively.

So you can be sure that our development team is working on improving that!:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@Davidmcd2001, I agree the battery is loads better on huawei devices but my experience with the P30 Pro, I had been adjusting settings just to make sure I got notifications for messages or being able to connect to devices... It was a little too harsh on optimisation.

I do believe there is a middle ground though,

Where background processes like the notification listeners and the resources pull on Google Play Services could be managed better. 

I am hopeful that our battery will be alot better after the Beta with this being a key focus of One UI 2.0

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Something definitely needs doing in my opinion. The S10 had a bigger battery than the S9, but the battery life dropped considerably (for me, and in benchmarks). 3,400 mah battery capacity in the S10 versus 3,000 mah in the S9. Sure, more powerful processor, but it's supposed to be a more efficient processor too. Optimisation is lacking. Both the iPhone XS (OLED display) and the XR (not OLED) have a lower capacity battery than the S10, but both perform better than the S10 for battery usage.