Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto WiFi off

The auto enable WiFi for a known location of a frequently used WiFi network is a great feature to help automatically switch from data to WiFi. However, I think this can go a step further and there should be auto WiFi off as well when you leave that area. Would save battery by not having WiFi on aimlessly when using mobile data.

3 Comments
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@mun_96 Have you checked out Bixby Routines?

I haven't used them personally, but it seems like that may be what you need.

Settings app -> Advanced features -> Bixby Routines.

It needs to be turned on for you to set one up.

You can add a routine based on a Place, and set that to be when you leave or arrive, then choose the setting you want to change, so choose Wifi then Off. 

Give that a go, see if it covers what you need. 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @mun_96 

As @ryamoo mentioned (Thanks for that!) you might be able to do that using Bixby routines.

Let me know, if that was what you were looking for! :winking-face:

mun_96
Pioneer
Options

That's a brilliant suggestion. But for Bixby routines to work for locations, you need location enabled and high accuracy mode enabled which is a battery drain. The current auto enable WiFi feature does not need location settings on, I think it must use cell towers instead which your mobile is obviously always connected to. It would be good if auto WiFi off could be triggered using the same way (probably using cell towers). Just a suggestion