Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the navigation bar button back

This was such a useful feature on the S8. It enabled the navigation bar to be fully hidden when pressed so it would only show with a swipe up and could lock the navbar in place (the only option we have now aside from full gestures). For some reason, it was removed in the Android 9 update and hasn't returned since.

4 Comments
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I've just been googling to find that option because I have some buttons in an app that are only visible in gesture mode, so I think the navigation buttons are covering them. It was fine on AOS9.

Googling found a way to do it via ADB when connecting the device to a computer, so the policy/setting still exists it just hasn't been made available to users. 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @conr 

I think that gestures were meant to replace that option.

But if a lot of users support this idea, then I will be sure to share it with the development team! :winking-face:

conr
Apprentice
Options

I understand the gestures were made as a replacement, but they can be hard to reach sometimes due to the size of the phone, the hideable navigation bar was much easier to reach because the buttons were higher up and easy to just tap. Besides, an extra option that could be turned off (like on the older versions) wouldn't hurt anyone.

Telclark100
First Poster
Options
Just updated to android 10 and I too have kist the navigation button from the quick settings? Gutted.