Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Launcher covers for App folders

Action Launcher has a feature where folders will have a one tap app cover for your favorite app of each folder. Example: Pictures below show my multimedia folder with YouTube as my one tap open. Swiping down shows the rest of the folder

Screenshot_20220715-121854_Action Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-121858_Action Launcher.jpg

3 Comments
Wildcard
First Poster
Options

I would very much like that too. Why is this better?

- Folders are generally for categories, e.g. Travel. Most of the time, each category has an app that is used a lot more often than others (e.g. Google Maps in Travel). Being able to open it with one click is useful.

- It looks better. Folders which are gray balls with a bunch of unrecognizable mini icons aren't exactly pretty.

- It helps you find what you need. Again, gray balls with a bunch of unrecognizable mini icons are.. unrecognizable. All folders look the same. Where as a folder with the Whatsapp Icon is immediately recognized as the "Messenger" folder. A folder with the Google Maps icon is my "Travel" folder. A folder with the Facebook icon is my "Socials" folder.

- It doesn't hurt. Regular folders can be default, having the option to create covers can be an option.

I'm impressed with my Fold 4 for many reasons, not least of all that so many things can be customized to my liking. Sadly, this stops at one of the most important parts of the experience, the launcher. It's very much an "eat or die" situation, which is very backwards.

With other phones I wouldn't mind and simply use another launcher, but since some multitasking features of the Fold 4 are tied to using the default launcher, that's no longer an option.

kitdoctor
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung, please add the covers feature to One UI.

Sincerely, an avid Action Launcher user for the last few years

Jack Alexander
First Poster
Options

1000% on all the above. I'm not switching until you make it 😉