Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to uninstall pre installed apps

Why not introduce the ability to uninstall some of the pre installed apps such as Facebook, my files, and the Microsoft stuff we have bundled in the UK. Also the ability to uninstall Bixby if we want to and make downloads available for the people that may want to reinstall them. I would be happier removing a lot of the stuff I don't use (I haven't used my files on any of the Samsung phones I've had over the years)..

11 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: New

Hello @FashFD 

I understand your frustration, but to be able to release the binary for a particular country, we need agreement from various institutions. To get that agreement, we might have to sign contracts that enforce that some apps are to be preinstalled on that binary (and there should be no way to remove them).

As for the Samsung apps that are pre-installed, you might have noticed that some have already been removed (like Samsung Music that can be downloaded from the Galaxy Store). 

So if we notice a low usage from a particular app, then it might also be removed from the pre-installed apps list :thinking-face:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

I will never understand why they pre-install apps like Microsoft Office apps and Facebook. 

They should either pre-install non or only Samsung and Google apps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I would be over then moon to hit the uninstall button on that face book app and watch it vanish! I would have all my friends round to see it deleted 😁

I have never used it and never will even for the people that use it give us a choice on what to install its disabled on mine as with all the Microsoft stuff and gmail and chrome most are just system bloat.

And what's upday? Never actually seen it in use !

Samsung browser is great however.

Samsung music player is another well designed app.

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@TomaszT any movement on this?

Now that the oculus partnership is coming to an end, I was hoping Facebook wouldnt come preloaded any more.

Its such a battery drain, and even disabling it theres other Facebook related apps that seem to be allowed to continue to run. 

That, and the recent loss of features are just adding to the list of things making me look elsewhere at upgrade time next year 😔

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Now  Facebook i would actually  pay to have the option to remove this in its enterity 😄  plus  I'm actually shocked it comes preinstalled as a system app that cannot be uninstalled it should be optional not everyone uses it'  like myself it's the first thing i do....disable it when I get a new device....

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Anonymous User I think it started when Samsung created the Gear VR, it was oculus powered and they're owned by Facebook. 

I think the Facebook software manager app was what kept the oculus apps updated, so Facebook app being preloaded was probably part of that deal.

I'm sure that partnership has ended now - no more Gear VR. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

To be honest we pay a lot for these devices and to have a lot of apps that are indeed taking up space or that are out of place on a samsung device annoys me somewhat.

I have most samsung applications on my s10+ ceramic even though this model has a good amount of storage I would like the option to remove these third party apps i dont use or want .

I even use the Samsung  email and disable gmail and also disabled chrome on favour of Samsung's superior one. I also use samsungs music player 

Shame Samsung's OS never took off i could eradicate all google then 😁 I dont use much of Googles offerings anyhow.

Eunbyeol
First Poster
Options

Yes, please. Most people seem to agree that paying for a device that promises a certain amount of memory, only for it to be significantly reduced by bloatware is nonsense. We should at least be given the courtesy to choose what apps we prefer. Brand it "Samsung 100% freedom" or something like that, if you must.

I end up having to use most of my storage in replacement apps. It's more than a little frustrating. Might actually look for a completely different brand for my next upgrade, if I'm being honest.

Bixby is particularly atrocious! Makes me wanna flung my perfectly amazing S10+ out the window sometimes! And it seems so complicated to replace it!

TomHeck
First Poster
Options

Hello all, I  am in the USA. I  have a Galaxy S6 lite. It really is annoying that Samsung pre-installed many useless apps that cannot be uninstalled or even force stopped and disabled.  There is no sim card capability yet the tablet has phone apps, why? All the various apps such as Bixby, Game Launcher, all the various Google apps, One UI home etc. That I have no use for are taking up storage space and are all loaded into memory. Plus are battery drainers. Most of the time I  get the "Uninstalling or disabling  this feature will affect the system." Please Samsung,  give us the ability to at least force stop and disable what we won't use!