Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 years of android software updates

I know Samsung have been giving software updates for 2 years and 3 years of security updates but I think we all want it to be longer. 3 years of software updates like Google does would be great. I mean Apple supports their devices for over 5 years. Maybe 5 years of security updates. If not this year maybe next year increase software support.

5 Comments
Matturl
Explorer
Options

+1 this would be much appreciated!

BambiD
Pioneer
Options

+infinity will attract more customers who dont change phone frequently ..

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hey @Saaim_Malik 

While it is not related to this One UI 2 Beta, I will try to forward it to the relevant department :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Can't promise anything though.

SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options

iOS give major iOS updates for 5 years. The iPhone 5s for gods sake is on ios 12.4.

The google pixel, released in 2016 on android 7.1 got not 1, not two but 3 android updates and is on the same Android version as the Pixel 4, which is android 10. 

It isnt fair and it's no wonder people are preferring iOS. The Galaxy S8 onwards deserve at least 3 major android updates. The hardware on the s10s onwards could take 4 maybe 5 major android updates. This does need a serious look in to

Phlex
Explorer
Options

+++this is a must