Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wallet Recommendations

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 12:35 AM)
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
The only thing I dislike about the Beta is having to rely on Samsung Wallet, so instead of just moaning, here are my suggestions for a better experience:
  • Having to verify pin/fingerprint/face when the phone is unlocked - I can understand from the lockscreen but not from home screen or app launch.

•  On-board all UK Banks - Several UK banks are not supported Like Halifax 

• Fix Curve integration - When trying to connect Curve to Wallet I get asked to install the Curve app even though the Curve app is already installed and setup.
 -Edit: I managed to get this working by linking via the Curve app rather that Samsung Wallet.

• Show other cards on the quick access view including boarding passes, loyalty cards, train tickets etc - see Apply Pay and Google Wallet
On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
8 REPLIES 8
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
I must admit... The fact I can no longer use Google Wallet will see me ditching the beta. I can't use Samsung Pay as my bank (NatWest) isn't supported and Covid has got me very used to leaving the house with only my phone and leaving my wallet at home... Carrying cards again seems like such a backward step.

Sadly though the advice on how to remove the beta isn't working, but hopefully that will be resolved soon.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I have switched to Samsung Wallet and added my Curve Card 👍 this seems to be the only work around to use Natwest via Samsung Wallet, it is working great for me.
Guidouk
Journeyman
Options
Im Having similar issues, My Google wallet isn't working ( since I moved to Android 13 beta) Do you guys know if is any update coming out soon to solve this issue???

TIA
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
The Google Wallet/Pay never works during Beta testing. Google Pay/Wallet will only work once the public version is released, as per the sign up notice.
Screenshot_20220903_121748_Samsung Members_1000000096_1662203930.png
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @BenGinders ,

thank you for the detailed description of your suggestions. 🙂

I have forwarded all your suggestions to our development team, who will decide whether they can be implemented. However, regarding additional authentication, please bear in mind that its purpose is to provide proper security and protection, which is very important in the case of payment services, therefore this suggestion may be rejected. 

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
@MagdalenaPo thank you for forwarding my suggestions, I understand security is the highest priority for any financial product and I can honestly say I trust Samsung security.
For this suggestion I am not asking for the biometrics/pin to be removed for all cases, but rather when I have already unlocked the device using a secure lock screen (just like what is used for Google Wallet)

Thank you for the consideration

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
LeeXDA21
Navigator
Options
Those who choose to root can use Google Wallet fine like me, with a few mods to spoof safetynet/play integrity.
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
Could we, perhaps, have somewhere to store driving licence, passport, covid vaccination details please?
0 Likes