Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

For Bixby lovers out there...

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 02:16 AM)
CODEdragonCal
Navigator
Options
Not sure if it's possible but it would make sense to make Bixby the default assistant especially since effectively removing the dedicated bixby button.

Just would be a nice touch within the Samsung ecosystem who enjoys using bixby out of the box while maintaining that Samsung like experience. (and encourage others to use it as well)

BTW I prefer the Google Assistant for now but that's my personal preference.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CODEdragonCal
Navigator
Options
I understand that the "power" button is just a custom button, but I've changed this to make it a dedicated power button (as it should be). Could be a new suggestion to change this default to make it power only first as its pointless and frustrating to power down your phone with power and down key (!?)
0 Likes
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@CODEdragonCal ,

Thank you for your suggestion. 😊 

Since such suggestions can be highly individualized, their implementation depends on the number of users supporting such an idea. Generally speaking, more votes, e.g. in the form of likes from other users, are needed for it to be considered. 🤞

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
How often do you shutdown or reboot your phone versus use Bixby (or G Assistant) though? I feel like the inconvenience of having to press 1 extra button for doing a task once per day (if that) is less than having to do that for something like using the Assistant?
Personally I didn't even know we could use volume down + power buttons to bring up that power menu! I always used the button in the notification shade.
I guess if you're using voice commands mostly then I see your point.
0 Likes