Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120hz & Power saving mode

(Topic created on: 03-09-2023 09:36 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Please please please can we finally get an option here to keep adaptive motion smoothness (120hz) when using power save. Hate how it forces you to use 60hz. We've been asking for this for a while. 

6 REPLIES 6
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
I'd say having the option is always nice for sure but I have to say that for a power saving feature, keeping the display at 120hz would be counter productive and I can understand Samsung on this one. I personally rarely use this power saving feature so can't really comment too much.
FoxyThePirate
Pathfinder
Options
120hz with big CPU usage reduction
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@adamlee

Power Saving Mode is meant to reduce the battery discharge that's why always 60hz is used. 

If there are let's say 30 kudos added to your post, I'll pass your idea on to our team of developers so that they can decide if there is a chance for this option to be introduced 😉.

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Yes I know then add an option for power save mode to turn on when the display is off and turn off when you unlock the phone.
FoxyThePirate
Pathfinder
Options
Let's do it, everyone, like this post.
0 Likes
MysticEntity
Apprentice
Options

How is this not already an option? We can choose to still use always on display or use full cpu power or 5g, but refreshrate is always locked? 

0 Likes