Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter the Solve for Tomorrow 2021/22 Competition Now!

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 05:26 PM)
CSR_UK
Helping Hand
Options

The 2021/22 Solve for Tomorrow Competition is now open, and if you’re between the ages of 16-25, and have an idea you’re passionate about then we want to hear from you!

We’re looking for ideas which use technology to address a societal challenges within one of the four Solve for Tomorrow themes:  

Banner.PNG

Wondering how to make your idea stand out? We will be looking for entries to incorporate and consider the following:

• Technology - Is your idea one that could use technology?
  • Creativity - Does your idea display originality of thought?
  • Feasibility - How feasible is the idea with current technology and resources?
  • Social impact - What societal challenge are you addressing? How have you considered the needs of your intended target audience and the potential of your idea to reach and benefit your target audience?
  • Design thinking methodology - How have you used design thinking in developing your idea?

Wondering where to start? Tune in to our Design Lab series from Solve for Tomorrow Mentor, Andriana Lagoudes. By the end of this 8-part series you’ll have everything you need to get your idea out of your mind and onto paper, ready to submit to the competition.

Shortlisted applicants will be matched with mentors from Samsung and learn new skills to develop their idea at each stage of the competition through a range of workshops, coaching sessions, and one-to-one support. The winner will also receive £10,000, and long-term mentorship and support from Samsung and our partner Digital Catapult.

Entries close on the 20th February 2022, so if you’re ready to start bringing your tech for good idea to life, then click here to enter now!

Alec.PNG

Last year’s winner, Alec Conway, has continued to develop his project, ‘Dignity’, which is addressing the social isolation faced by people experiencing homelessness, by providing a safe digital locker and built in PO Box. Speaking about his experience, Alec said:

“The competition allowed me to really boost my self-confidence, and allowed me to work on a project that I’m so passionate about. As the competition went on my confidence grew and the project really started to shine. It also allowed me to connect with like-minded people, which I think is really important when building your knowledge and skills, as if you connect with others you tend to bounce ideas off each other, and my concept really developed from doing that”

For more information about the competition, click here.

0 REPLIES 0