Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartthings on new series 8 TV not working

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 09:13 PM)
jimjam88
First Poster
Options
hi everyone, I bought a Samsung TV UE55TU8507UXXU for smartthings..  series 8 tv

When I get to the smarrthings app on tv and I am signed into my Samsung smartthings account it is saying there are no devices or scenes registered. 
All devices, tv, and Samsung smartthings hub are on Same Samsung account and wifi. devices show on smartthings on my phone but not on TV. 

Can anyone help? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jimjam88 

Did you manage to get this sorted or are you still having the issue?

0 Likes
jimjam88
First Poster
Options
@chrisM still having the issue unfortunately
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I am sad to hear that @jimjam88 .Have you been in touch with the UK SmartThings support team about this one? Their email service is still operating and you can reach them from here:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb

0 Likes
Scottyboy99
Journeyman
Options

That support is ignoring emails. I’ve sent several for the last week and haven’t had a single response. Pretty poor

0 Likes
jimjam88
First Poster
Options
I have emailed support but nothing as yet.
0 Likes
Members_cZYyY1R
First Poster
Options

My tv has started playing up did anyone get a resolution on this

0 Likes
jimjam88
First Poster
Options
No, months now emailing back and for telling me to do a reset. nothing makes it works. I bought a second TV the same on that too. since the new update.
0 Likes
Tonci Barisic
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the sam problem with QE43Q65T QLED TV but I think I found something interesting that could help someone.

I bought TV few days ago. I logged in TV with my Samsung account and SmartThings app on TV showed my 5 scenes and all devices, and everything was working fine until few days when i noticed message "No registered scenes and devices". SmartThings was (and is) still working fine on all my other devices (Garmin watch, Android auto, phones, tablets, Alexa... ) and my new TV is still controllable from all of them, but I lost possibility to control devices and scenes from SmartThings app on TV. While i was investigating what happened I've noticed that voice commands ("run scene") were still working. Bixby offered me my scenes, although they were not available in SmartThings app, and I could choose which one to run, all except the last one that I made the day before. Then i tried to erase that last scene that i made, that was missing in voice activation, and after that all scenes and devices came back. I was playing a little after that with making and erasing scenes in SmartThings app on mobile phone and noticed that after every new scene that i make i lose all my Scenes and devices (old and new) from SmartThings app on TV, even when i was making again old scene after deleting it, so I ended up with just 2 scenes and without possibility of making new one without losing everything from SmartThings app on TV. I've tried disconnecting TV from mains plug for cca one hour, as instructed by Samsung phone support, reinstalling SmartThings app on TV, and even resetting Smart Hub, but nothing helped.

0 Likes