Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartthings Energy

(Topic created on: 04-11-2021 10:23 PM)
NeilC67
Journeyman
Options

Wanting to give smartthings energy a go but when I click the upload bill pdf tab nothing happens??

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or this is a known problem..

Any help greatly appreciated ..

Kind regards.

17 REPLIES 17
STEPHIE-
Explorer
Options

I've has no luck with smartthings energy at all which mainly due to my smart meter being SMETS1, the Bulb energy control options said I have invalid GUID for my chameleon IHD. Chameleons device option says no value smart meter in my home and the Samsung energy smartapp only works with Samsung products which doesn't seem to include any smartthings products or Samsung TU8500 smart tv.

0 Likes
NeilC67
Journeyman
Options
Hi stephie.

Thank you for your reply. At least you got the chance to try the app, I can't even upload the bill yo verify my meter.. our meter should be OK as we have a SMETS2 generation.
0 Likes
DJG_Shef
Journeyman
Options

Hi, it worked for me (I guess I'm lucky). The energy data looks good, though is slow to update. You can only connect electricity meters (I guess this is because Samsung don't make any gas appliances!). You can also only add one meter.

Btw, my pdf bill was as sent to me by my energy supplier and not a scan - just in case that helps.

0 Likes
Zhivago
Pioneer
Options
I have the same issue.. No readings coming up.. Using the app loop and works perfect
0 Likes
77Phil
First Poster
Options

You are lucky.  I've been using the old 'SmartThings Energy Contol' for a long time.  Now I have to switch except that I get 'this SmartApp isn't supported'.  I have a Samsung tablet!  Anyway, guess they can't be bothered to support older devices. I'm on android 7; I'd have thought the funtionality of this app would be easy to provide on much older versions of android than even 7.  Oh well, have to rely on the Bulb app now which isn't half as good.

0 Likes
hilsdon1
Apprentice
Options
Hi I can not get up Chameleon to ask for a bill just a blank white web page. Any ideas why this is happening?
0 Likes
DJG_Shef
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, can't help with this. I think I did everything on my phone. Maybe try different options?

0 Likes
NeilC67
Journeyman
Options
Just tried again after forgetting about it for a couple of months & all working fine now, just waiting for the gas meter to come on line, heard early part of 2022, if you can believe the rumors !!!..
STEPHIE-
Explorer
Options

I had a bit more luck just before my Energy supplier Bulb went into administration they checked if my meter was enrolled properly. My smart meter is Smets1 and a "Secure" brand. It turns out that my meter was able to send smart updates to update the supplier but through Secure's own network instead, apparently the Secure brand SMETS1 meters do this and therefore are not fully adopted/integrated into the national DCC network the SMETS2 meters are running on. That's why I didn't seem to be able to connect with most apps. Smartthings Energy still far from being close to anything of anything useful tho, the readings don't really match up with my energy use and it only seems to work through adding the 'Chameleon Device' in Smartthings, not recognising any individual appliances to give any additional information or even let me add my smartthings energy monitoring outlets to get data.  That's something else I never managed to make full use of, I could do with finding some smartthings smartapp or something just to monitor the outlets.  My main success in any of this so far is by using the LOOP app, as Zhivago mentioned in a previous post.  Mainly used the Samsung Galaxy S9+ for this, occasionally an Amazon Fire8HD tablet with Google Play store sideloaded to get the other apps.

0 Likes