Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Home app login error

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 06:05 AM)
SteveM497
Explorer
Options

The Samsung Air Conditioning CAC app has totally stopped working on the S21 now.  It has never worked with the In Home option, and now no longer works with the Out Of Home option, stating that there is a "Samsung account already exists in account manager"

Now the Samsung Smart Home app that the AC manual recommends is also not working with the same error, "Samsung Account already exists in account manager"

I have reinstalled apps, checked all the settings, reconnected the wifi MIM-03 kit to my router, no improvement.  This has been down since the last Android update.  Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

30 REPLIES 30
Sally131
Student
Options

Hi Steve,

Found the sane on my S20. Useless help from Samsung. So annoying, wish I hadn't done the update to Android 12. You'd think Samsung ph would liase wuth their products to ensure a ph update will still work their apps!

So how do we update the Wifi unit in our air cons to that new software? Samsung should offer this for free! So you know how to do it?

Lucky my husband's S7 still works the app. He never does updates!

Will nver buy Samsung air again. Have a Haier Wifi in the lounge, much better and works with Android 12!

Best wishes.

Sally

0 Likes
Sally131
Student
Options

Also, have Samsung offered this new update to the Wifi component in their air con units yet? Can it even be retrofitted?

Will a Samsung air con installer come to your house to change it?

Cost, etc?

Ridiculous for  a 2 to 4 year old unit.was the only reason we paid more for this air con, to get the Wifi part to use away from home!

Extremely disappointed and annoyed!

Samsung, fix this ASAP!

0 Likes
TG2000
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem (Bangkok Thailand). Last November 2021  I still can use Samsung Air Conditioner app v 1.2.94 with Samsung Tab S7, only Out-of-Home mode. Today  8Apr2022 after air condition cleaning service ,prepared for summer time, I got this problem "Samsung account already exists in account manager ", possible due to TabS7 updated to Android 12.
Reconfirm that my Samsung Note-II running on Android 4.4 can work, today,  with Samsung Air Conditioner app V1.2.94 both in-Home and Out-of-Home mode (attempting Login -> Importing List -> Connecting and ready). 
I also test with Samsung SmartThings  app, this app cannot scan or add my air con model AR**HVSD** series Triangle AC.  (2015 model)
FYI the Samsung SmartThings can work with air con AR**TYCAB** series (2020 model).  
Finally I must have two Samsung phones (Note-II, Tab S7, to work with two Samsung app(Smart Air con, SmartThings)  in order to control two air con (Triangle AC, WindFree AC)

0 Likes
TG2000
Apprentice
Options

the message "Samsung account already exists in account manager " cuases many issues in the community. My be  Samsung Account app has been changed to apply two steps authentication that effect Smart Air Conditioner app.

0 Likes
SteveM497
Explorer
Options

Hi Sally, Samsung have washed their hands of the problem and made our current WiFi kit obsolete. 

Waiting to hear from the installer but expecting to have to pay for the latest wifi kit. That will probably be $200-400 installed. Will get back to you when I find out. 

0 Likes
DavidManuel
First Poster
Options

I'll try to be clear as possible, but English isn't my first language. 😅. I'm from Canada and had the same problem. I have S20fe android 12. First, i had to re-install an old wifi router with 2.4ghz because my new internet provider router use only 5ghz. After that, I used the Samsung smarting app for all my WiFi appliance. Before it was impossible to control my ac room with this app. Only (on/off) fonction worked. I don't know when it begin but since a month I'm able to enter in the "Smarthome" interface by clicking on the smarting appliance control in the notification bar off my cellphone. Then I click on my "acc room button" and it enter on the interface. I can control my ac like before. So I suggest you should try to had your ac to your "smarthing app" and it should work. I join some pic if I wasn't clear enough 😅. Wish you good luck 🤞

Screenshot_20220410-131142_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-131706_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-131754_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
SteveM497
Explorer
Options

Hey David, unfortunately this won't work with my AC. It's from Samsung's commercial range, not a split system so not compatible with the Smart Things or Smart Home app while running the MIM-HO2 wifi kit. I have to pay for an upgrade to the MIM-HO4 kit. 

Thanks for the suggestion though. 

SteveM497
Explorer
Options

Nope not changed to 2 step, it's just no longer compatible with the latest software. 

Erik-NL
Journeyman
Options

Mayby it is time to involve the ombudsmand now.

Erik-NL
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. What a poor service from Samsung. I have bought my lat Samsung product of any range.

0 Likes