Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Home app login error

(Topic created on: 25-01-2022 02:28 PM)
SteveM497
Explorer
Options

The Samsung Air Conditioning CAC app has totally stopped working on the S21 now.  It has never worked with the In Home option, and now no longer works with the Out Of Home option, stating that there is a "Samsung account already exists in account manager"

Now the Samsung Smart Home app that the AC manual recommends is also not working with the same error, "Samsung Account already exists in account manager"

I have reinstalled apps, checked all the settings, reconnected the wifi MIM-03 kit to my router, no improvement.  This has been down since the last Android update.  Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

30 REPLIES 30
HM9K
Pioneer
Options
not sure if this has anything to do with it but have you tried checking the samsung smartthings website on your web browser to see if you have an account signed in? or perhaps try signing into the web version
gaasen
Journeyman
Options

I too have this problem.

For a few years I have controlled my Samsung air conditioning/heatpump using my phone. My wife also used her Samsung phone to control this.

In 2021 we both changed to Galaxy S21+ and S21 respectively, and some time during the latter part of the year the app stopped working and now report "samsung account already exists in account manager".

The Smart Air conditioner App report the error as soon as I click the "Out-of-home" option to control the device while away. (The "In home" option never worked, ever......)

The "Smarthome app" report with the error "samsung account already exists in account manager" as soon as I launch the app.

Both our S21/S21+ are currently running Android 12, and the Smart Air Conditioner App version 1.2.93. Also running the Samsung App called Smarthome version 3.1072.19.220.

The funny thing is that we have done no changes other than upgrading our phone software when prompted to do so.

I therefore strongly suspect that Samsung S21/S21+ running on android 12 is simply not compatible with these Apps anymore.

What further "prove my point" is that I can still access the Apps and control my Samsung AirConditioner/heatpump with two of my other devices running older Android versions.

1) Galaxy S6 running on Android 7.0 => working perfectly

2) Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Running on Android 11 = working perfectly

Honestly, this is ridiculous and substandard support from Samsung, and I do hope someone have a good idea on how to fix this.

In the last 3 Months I have recommended and installed 3 Mitsubishi Heatpumps in different houses, and I will not recommend Samsung heatpumps again until they have got their act together.

vkemp
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Is there a fix?

gaasen
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately I have heard absolutely nothing back from anyone.

It is a pity that Samsung cannot even keep the interconnectivity working between their own devices.

I will update this post if I get any closer to a solution.

SteveM497
Explorer
Options

Same here, I've contacted Samsung AC help desk numerous times and received nothing back thats helpful.  Last response I received was pretty poor, claiming that wifi connectivity not a priority and might be investigated after COVID.

I've taken it up with the AC supplier and installer who is chasing with the Samsung Australia reps but I'm not holding my breath.  Shocking customer service from Samsung, very poor form. 

It makes no sense they would not make Smart Things backwards compatible with all their current AC models, not just the wall mounted split systems.

SteveM497
Explorer
Options

Hi HM9K, yes if I use the very old web browser samsungsmartapplicances.com

I can sign in and control my AC.  But thats not really the point of wifi control.  The Samsung Smart Things web browser doesn't have anything for my AC and no ability to control it.

BurntOC
First Poster
Options

This isn't some small thing - this is the kind of thing that drove me to say I will never buy a Samsung again.  They spam me with emails offering to sell me all their products at really good discounts, but their lack of respect for users in this type of scenario makes me always go "Looks great, but nope".

SteveM497
Explorer
Options

UPDATE:  Samsung finally responded and advised I get in touch with the live chat team.  So I did that this morning only to be told the following
"Upon checking it was already escalated to our AC support team. As per their suggestion, the wifi kit which uses the CAC app is no longer compatible with newer devices. You will need to update the wifi kit to MIM-H04 and use Smartthings instead."

NO ONE from Samsung AC support provided this feedback, it was left to the poor sod on the live chat to give me the bad news that my 2yr old AC installation is already obsolete and needs a hardware update.  

This is shocking customer service from Samsung on a number of levels.  Firstly for not supporting legacy products that were only recently retired from sales (within 2yrs).

Second, customer support have taken over 4 months to come to this conclusion.

Third, NO ONE from AC support provided this feedback.

Now waiting for Samsung support to put this feedback in writing so I have something to take to our AC supplier.  We paid for WIFI connectivity and for it to be made obsolete within 2yrs is not acceptable.

gaasen
Journeyman
Options

I am very sorry to hear that as I am sure we are not the only ones affected by this flaw.

Definitely cannot trust Samsung, and it is far to much money to spend on systems that cannot be trusted.

I will based on that for sure stay clear of Samsung AC and Heatpumps going forward, and will recommend others to do the same.

Very disappointing indeed.