Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philips Hue Bridge

(Topic created on: 28-01-2020 07:22 PM)
Phantom
Journeyman
Options

I have recently purchased the Philips hue Bridge starter pack,could anyone tell me which App they have found to work best?

I have 3 colour bulbs and a switch but find the original Hue app by Philips,to be a little to much in the way of features.Can anyone suggest a easier to use app for the S10 please.

Many thanks in advance 🤝🏻

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Phantom
Journeyman
Options

Thanks @AndrewL I am now fully functional thanks to the hue Bridge.I do like the Automation aspect of the app.My house has some great lightshows,plus waking up to a fully lit bedroom does help you wake up.

Many thanks 

Regards 

Paul

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Phantom: You might want to try the Samsung SmartThings app, available from the Google Play Store. Note: SmartThings’ Philips Hue integration requires the use of the Philips Hue Ethernet Bridge. Connecting directly to Philips Hue lights is not currently supported. The Hue Bridge must be updated to firmware version 01016441 or later. To force your Hue Bridge to update its firmware: Close the Hue mobile app, unplug the Bridge for 10 seconds, plug it back in, and then restart the Hue app.

To find out more please check the link below.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200848024-How-to-connect-Philips-Hue-devices
Paulie24
Samsung Helper
Options
Agree with the points that Andrew has pointed out, I have found both smart things and the Philips hue both work well. I also, made sure that after I completed the install to use the device maintenance in the mobile settings on to clear cache etc.
Phantom
Journeyman
Options
Thankyou Andrew,I do have a hue bridge,I will check if it is updated and all running smoothly.
I really control the commands with Alexander,as I find the Google one to be rather annoying...Many thanks for the information 👍🏻
Solution
Phantom
Journeyman
Options

Thanks @AndrewL I am now fully functional thanks to the hue Bridge.I do like the Automation aspect of the app.My house has some great lightshows,plus waking up to a fully lit bedroom does help you wake up.

Many thanks 

Regards 

Paul

0 Likes
STEPHIE-
Explorer
Options

My favourite apps have been iLightshow and Prismify on Android linked to Spotify Premium for lights syncing with the music using Spotify analytic data instead of the mic listening and reacting, Philips Hue Bridge has recently updated to include an integrated app which adds a 'music sync' virtual device to Google nest hubs and Alexa devices but still doesn't seem quite as responsive as the apps. Hue Essentials is a Great alternative to the official Hue app and Hue dynamic has some good effects on Android and the PC version will screen grab to sync pc screen with lights, pc version as also can be used on XBOX One, it's worth emailing the creators asking if there is any discount code for buying both versions too.

It's worth mentioning if you are looking for additional bulbs in the future have a look on Amazon Warehouse for heavily discounted deals. Usually still brand new and unused but just returned items 

0 Likes