Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philip's Hue lights & Samsung Smarthings

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 08:42 AM)
Paulie24
Samsung Helper
Options

Hi, has anyone got the Philip's Hue lights set up and integrated within Samsung Smart Things. Really, be interesting to hear some feedback

4 REPLIES 4
ThomasJ
Explorer
Options
Hi,

I have multiple Phillip's hue lights setup with Smartthings. I am extremely have with them. They are definitely better quality lights than the others. Really easy to connect through smartthings. You can also do it direct to Smarthings or use the Phillips hue hub.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have if I can.
STEPHIE-
Explorer
Options

I have smartthings hub and sensors and philips hue bulbs and  motion sensor. Im still figuring things out like having duplicate lights when messing with alexa and google home. Philips hue sensors (from what I've read recently) wont connect with hue Bridge and smartthings hub at the same time, its one or the other and won't natively add/register on smartthings hub but can be added with custom device handlers. Overall I'm really pleased with the bulbs and effects and im hooked, i need to get more, mainly wanted them for music sync and found a couple of apps shine  (personal faves so far ilightshow android using Spotify premium audio analysis for sync is awesome and huedynamic android and windows nice selection of effects and audio/video sync). I couldn't afford full price lights but always looking out for deals. They are exensive, scared the hell out of my partner trying thunderstorm effects, strobe effect made me feel like I was tripping and my neighbour thought my flat was on fire when I was messing with them trying candlelight/fireplace effects running on all my lights in every room, pain the ass forgetting which app i'd been messing with when I forget whats running a ambience effect I can't stop them. but OMG sooooo pretty and I want more. Who knew lights could be so much fun. only others I've tried were tuya and they aren't even close.

0 Likes
AMJessey
First Poster
Options

We have The Frame 2020 model and Philips Hue Lightbulbs. Can the two work together, so the lightbulbs change colour to match what's on screen?

Lain32
Pioneer
Options
hi I am trying to sync smartthings with phillips hue, it asks for access, bit then always get an error code. I'm trying to do it without the hub option

Screenshot_20210306-144127_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes