Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Were Building a Smart Home from Scratch.

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 01:31 PM)
SheldonTrever
First Poster
Options

We're starting a new home build in the spring. I've been interested in home automation since the X10 days. I've some programming knowledge, and good understanding of logic trees (though more on the marketing automation/data side).

Would you recommend the same setup (controller/platform/combination), or have you come across some other combo that might be more fitting?

I talked with a local home automation company, and they're, of course, pushing Control4. I do want the system to be robust/reliable (easy for visitors), but I also want it to be future proofed and flexible. Voice control, TV integration, etc.

I plan on light control, 7 large south-facing motorized blinds, smart vents, lock, ceiling fans. With presence and temperature sensors scattered about. Extra emphasis on fine tuning temperature control throughout the day/season.

Any guidance is welcome!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
DannyT
Options

Hi there, @SheldonTrever.

That sounds like a fantastic idea! The best people to speak to for more help with this would be the Samsung Smart Things Team or even the Smart Things Forum. Check them out below.

- Samsung Smart Things 

- Smart Things Forum

Welcome to the Community!