Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast Google TV doesn't work on Galaxy 22Ultra

(Topic created on: 13-12-2022 01:14 PM)
Samsungers
Pioneer
Options
I cannot connect my G22 Ultra to my Google TV Chromecast, I cannot stream anything on my monitor, It was ok before but recently (maybe after  update) it's just doesn't work.
It says: connect to the same network (which it is) it works fine with my Samsung Tablet 4 which is much older device.
Any suggestions? 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Samsungers ,

happy to help you get this sorted. Google has made changes on their devices and software, meaning that this is no longer compatible with Smart View on Android 12. However, you can still connect your phone to your TV using the Google Home app. 

0 Likes
Samsungers
Pioneer
Options
I am actually trying to connect through Google Home app and it doesn't work this is the problem, my phone doesn't detect Google TV dongle even though its on the same network but message I get is: connect to the same WiFi network... That's odd.
I cannot cast any contents on my TV from my phone.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for letting me know @Samsungers . Is your phone data turned on when that happens? If so, turn your phone's mobile data off and start the process over. When your phone connects to the device's wifi temporarily, it thinks that there's no internet connection and switches to mobile data — turning it off will prevent it from happening.

If this is not the case, I would recommend resetting the Chromecast: While the Chromecast is plugged into the TV and powered on, press and hold the button on the back of the Chromecast. The LED will start blinking yellow. When the LED light turns solid white, release the button and the Chromecast will then reset.

0 Likes
Samsungers
Pioneer
Options
Hi there, thank you so much for your patience and assistance.
1)My phone is set up automatically to connect to stronger network, in which case is my Home network Fiber optic 250mbp, my mobile network is almost unreachable at most of the times, mobile conection is almost impossible. I will try to do as you suggested,
2) I have reseted newest Google TV chrome cast twice as you already sugestet, there are 2 options: set up with Remote controler or phone, after 3 unsuccessful attempts i used set up by remote control, phone doesn't detect my network at all!
I have reseted TV dongle twice...
0 Likes
Samsungers
Pioneer
Options
BTW, on seperate occasion, I have noticed for a while now that switching automatically between different WiFi networks doesn't work.
EG. : when I am connected to Guest network area on the first floor, then when I go to the office in the basement connected to its own Strong network, my connection still hungs on Guest network signal, so weak I don't get connected at all, every time I have to connect to the office network manually, why?
0 Likes
yorkyuk81
Journeyman
Options
I have the exact same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S9 and it happened after an OTA update. Not sure why Samsung won't acknowledge their update is causing issues.
Members_zmwG1Li
Student
Options

Hi,

I manage to connect when I share my wifi hotspot, but once my S22 ultra connects to mobile data, by chromecast cannot connect to wifi! Hotspot credential remain the same. Pls help.

0 Likes
Members_zmwG1Li
Student
Options

I have the exact same issue. My chromecast will not connect to my S22 Ultra hotspot once this is on mobile data. That means my Chromecast is unusable when not at home.

Samsung should provide assistance to this.

0 Likes
Members_zmwG1Li
Student
Options

Incredible no support is provided for this issue.  Expecting better from samsung

0 Likes