Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Samsung washer, dryer and fridge to Home Assistant

(Topic created on: 28-02-2023 08:46 AM)
Tormy
Student
Options

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on how to add the Samsung products to Home Assistant? I can't get the SmartThings integration to work and would love to have full control of my system without dependency of cloud-based services.

I do find the Samsung TV in Home Assistant, perhaps there are some entities that would allow me to at least read some of the SmartThings activity? Preferably I would like to remove SmartThings entirely to avoid having multiple hubs and possibly competing channels.

Hope someone have tried this and could guide me in the right direction!

3 REPLIES 3
MickeyVoortman
Apprentice
Options

To add smartthings to Home assistant, 
You must make sure that HA is reachable via internet and has a SSL certificate (self signed or what ever)
if this is the case, just go to : Settings _> syststems -> network.
under URL fill in your internet based address. 

Dave this configuration.
Now add Smart Things integrations and follow the steps. No home assistant cloud needed and wee hook works

Put in you rHome assistant 

0 Likes
Tormy
Student
Options

My preference would be to create an integration between the Samsung devices and Home Assistant WITHOUT the Samsung SmartThings hub. That way I could keep the number of competing (zigbee) networks to a minimum, allowing for a simpler, broader network with better coverage.

0 Likes
MickeyVoortman
Apprentice
Options

The sMartthings integration is the easiest way.
if you don't wan't to use that, you need to read the data yourself.
The following I didn't test, but I believe every word on the internet :winking-face: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/837chb/samsung_washerdryer/
I hop ethis helps for you, and if you make a nice dashboard and scripting, please share

0 Likes