Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my double storage?😡

(Topic created on: 10-02-2023 03:26 PM)
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options
Samsung said that all pre-ordered phones would get double storage as in 512gb for price of 256gb.
Well i have recieved my s23 ultra today and it has only got 256gb of storage and not 512gb 😡
I am not happy
43 REPLIES 43
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
That's great, try going in RAM plus option and see what is the max size available please. Thanks again
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe I should have ordered the 1tb, too late now
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What's am I a Guinea pig? 🤣

8gb max
0 Likes
Kazd
Apprentice
Options
I ordered the 256gb and in the basket it showed 256gb crossed out and 512gb next to it. The deal was order the 256gb and we will send you the 512gb. Not order the 512gb and we will discount it to the price of the 256gb. I paid £1099 for mine, traded in my galaxy note 8 which had just recently got a chip at the side of the screen. Definite upgrade for me .
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Sorry, don't think like that please. Just wanted know exactly max available RAM of evey 512gb s23 ultra. Thank you.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I was only joking mate
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
I read your thread about your concern on this but you've got 2 different things confused.

Your actual RAM is listed as 'memory' and RAM plus is what Samsung reserves from your phone's storage in the event you ran out of your actual RAM. Only the 256gb variant of the S23 Ultra has 8gb RAM whereas all the other variants come with 12gb. You then have the option to add up to 8gb of 'virtual ram' out of your phone's storage regardless of the variant.

This applies to previous generations of phones as well although the budget models might offer lower amounts but I can't say for certain.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion for you.
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you for the respons , but one thing I noticed when I checked my S10plus which is 128gb/8gb storage and it gives me options to choose up to 8gb in ram plus option.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Yes that's standard. 8gb is the maximum regardless of the device. The amount of physical RAM is irrelevant to this.
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks