Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade programme - Never again.

(Topic created on: 28-03-2022 02:55 PM)
CTC
Explorer
Options
Been on the upgrade programme for a few years now. Always minor issues with the upgrade process but this year has been beyond a joke. I have never know customer services as bad at this year. For weeks samsung were unable to locate my account telling me I wasn't part of the upgrade programme. Hours and hours on the phone and numerous  emails sent, getting passed between samsung and klarna, to then get a random email 2weeks later with my upgrade lounge invite. 

Old phone returned to samsung, tracking number confirms delivered. Guess what....samsung can't find it/ haven't registered the return and as always nobody who is contactable either understands what is being asked or is in the right department to help, so I'm about to be charged for a device samsung currently have. 

I have never known customers services as bad as this has been. This is from one individual , this is company wide across a range of department. 

Samsung seriously need to up their game or risk loosing significant numbers of loyal customers looking at the frustrations in these forums and online.
33 REPLIES 33
dopey66
Pioneer
Options
I never knew Samsung had a Lounge
steve0
Voyager
Options

I have to agree with you. You need all the luck in the world contacting customer support -the call quality is abysmal -I can hardly hear what they are saying , they usually don't understand the upgrade programme process and it is  touch and go if you get to talk with someone that has an acceptable level of  understanding of the English language. I will add that some  do their best and are pleasant but there are some that can be very rude.

Sween20
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same happened to me.   Have sent back the confirmation email and tracking proof, but no timescale for resolution.  They took a payment for the old phone today and will take another one in a week.  Klarna were downright rude and just said not our problem mate, contact Samsung.  Took hours to get through to someone in call centre at the back end of beyond.  Sounded like they were in a cardboard box in a rainstorm.   They are going to contact the relevant department...  No timescales, no urgency.  Won't offer a refund until the return is confirmed.   You sent me an email saying it was returned!!! 

0 Likes
Sween20
Journeyman
Options

Update: I had the same issue.  I contacted Klarna on the Klarna App but I got a very dismissive reply saying not our problem on two occasions. I then contacted them a third after reading that many people are in the same boat but some got their payments put on hold.  I said they must be ware of this issue and were about to take a second additional payment for my old phone next week, so I wanted to lodge a formal complaint as I was being treated differently.   They changed their tune.  They asked for proof of the return and tracking and then issued a return notice to Samsung.  Puts the ball back in Samsungs court to prove they didn't get it.   Screenshot_20220328-201042_Klarna.jpg

0 Likes
manny12
Journeyman
Options
Going through the same myself. Returned my device, the place that does the upgrade confirmed they had it and processed it but after that is seems to have disappeared!! Now klarna email me saying you need to pay for your 21 and s22. Customer service for samsung is a total joke. I cannot understand them and them me, sound quality is garbage and they don't even know what the upgrade program is. Today I rang klarna and they put the payment on hold as I have a special delivery tracking number that shows delivery. Never known such awful customer service. It's an absolute disgrace
0 Likes
Sween20
Journeyman
Options

Well. Samsung have now acknowledged that my return is complete.  I have spent around 4 hours trying to resolve this.  However, the amount that has been shown as the paid price in the Klarna app includes the payment taken on the old phone yesterday, 5 weeks after I received my new phone.  That was never due.   I now have another battle on my hands I presume. 

0 Likes
Earlydoors
Journeyman
Options
Same issue. Passed from pillar to post, phone acknowledged as received by Samsung on March 17th and radio silence. I agree, will never do the upgrade programme again, far to time consuming for what should be a simple process
0 Likes
Sween20
Journeyman
Options

I'm in a living nightmare now.  I spent an hour on the phone with Klarna asking them to return the overpaid cash on the old phone as Samsung have now confirmed that the phone has been returned.  They have now changed the order from completed back to return pending and say the payments will be paused until the 19th April.  I am screaming in frustration. I contacted 3 different agents, none of whom had a grasp of the Samsung Upgrade program.   This is after I spent an hour with someone from Samsung in the Phillipines who had only a rudimentary grasp of English. 

0 Likes
manny12
Journeyman
Options
Went through the Philippines nightmare myself. Would not wish that on anyone they don't even know what the upgrade program is and eventually stop replying altogether.
I got klarna to pause my payments but they still took one for this month as it was too late to stop. However i emailed the trade in center and they mailed me back saying the phone was received and processed. So let's see what Samsung do next. I have to say i have never seen such truly awful customer service absolutely horrid. Hope you get it sorted!!
0 Likes