Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade denied by Klarna

(Topic created on: 01-02-2023 07:56 PM)
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Is anybody having issues with the Samsung upgrade program?  I have been upgrading for 3 years now without a problem but this year Klarna have declined my application.  I have good a very credit rating and never been refused before.  The strange thing is that the payment for the S23 Ultra is the same as I have been paying for the S22 Ultra.  If I cannot not upgrade then this sort of make the whole upgrade program worthless.😩

60 REPLIES 60
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

I've reached out to Samsung and Klarna via twitter.  Just waiting for them to respond

0 Likes
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Well unfortunately twitter didn't help.  Klarna were no help at all and referred me back to the UK customer support website.   I guess this year they really want to upset their loyal customers. Shame Shame Shame.

0 Likes
Todderik18
Navigator
Options

Im in the same boat @tonytaz . I am hoping that the two current pending transactions on my klarna account, both for my current samsung phones, might be the issue. once the payments have been received by Klarna I'm going to retry. I'm sure a lot of people will be shouting up so lets hope someone pulls their finger out and gets it rectified. patience might just be the answer this time. Please keep the forum updated, as will I

0 Likes
Todderik18
Navigator
Options

from Klarna "We are unable to approve your latest purchase at this time due to the outstanding balance you ahve with Klarna. Please pay any unpaid purchase and wait 48 hours before trying to shop again"

0 Likes
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Hi @Todderik18, and fellow readers, I have been on with Klarna customer support again and they told me to wait for 24-48 hours and try again.  I must admit I am not holding my breath.  I think it may be time to move away from the Samsung Upgrade Program as I don't think it is fit for purpose anymore, which is a shame as it used to be fantastic before Klarna got involved.  Maybe Samsung are thinking about ending it like they did with the TV Upgrade Program.

0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
I have just spoken to them and was told have overdue balance which I don't as samsung isn't due out till 5th. I've been told to wait 72 hours and try again. I have logged a complaint but that can take 5-7 days
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
They now have the Samsung Flex is that done through Klarna?
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
After looks of looking within budget of klarna app it says my balance and out of my allowed which is £1800. So unless I pay a big chunk off the samsung s22 ultra I think I will continue to be declined which isn't the point of a upgrade programme
0 Likes
embo555
Journeyman
Options

Me too!  Exactly as everyone else, tried to upgrade last night turned down by Klarna.  Rang Samsung this morning they not interested said contact Klarna.  Klarna say because this months DD is pending.  Used the pay early option and paid it now and still wont go through.  So hands are completely tied.  Its useless. Dangling the cherry but then you cant order it!

0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
Once paid it can take 48-72 hours to go through their system. Which is completely useless