Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade denied by Klarna

(Topic created on: 01-02-2023 07:56 PM)
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Is anybody having issues with the Samsung upgrade program?  I have been upgrading for 3 years now without a problem but this year Klarna have declined my application.  I have good a very credit rating and never been refused before.  The strange thing is that the payment for the S23 Ultra is the same as I have been paying for the S22 Ultra.  If I cannot not upgrade then this sort of make the whole upgrade program worthless.😩

60 REPLIES 60
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
I can't even get back into the upgrade lounge to try again. Seems to be every year samsung has issues with preorders
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Probably more to do with Klarna as there was similar issues with other companies that use them for finance.
0 Likes
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Yes I agree.  I just had a very frustrating interaction with Klarna as I started to get the same message as Helen14 in the Klarna app saying I had missing payments when I don't.  The Klarna agent I spoke too just kept repeating "contact your bank". 

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Not good that. I just use PayPal Credit. Got my S20FE5G that way, so thought may as well go through them as don't need to reapply.
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

i paid for my s21 ultra with Klarna and its pretty much paid of so tried to the s23 ultra with and they wanted the full payment so cancelled and just paid in full with debit card to samsung least there will be no more monthly payments going out

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
Sambee1998
Journeyman
Options
Yes I'm having an absolute headache with them.

Firstly they claimed it was a 'technical error' as they couldn't confirm my identity. So I changed every small detail of my address to match Experian + TransUnion.

Now they're claiming its because along with the current payment plan I have open for the S22 Ultra the amount would take me over my 'purchasing power' (despite having a strong credit score, good salary, and having been paying them with no issue for the last 3 years). They recommend paying down my current agreement to get the purchasing power up to a level that this won't push it over.

That would be fine and all... if they could tell me what the purchasing power figure actually is. Only, they can't. Because nothings ever easy with them
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Yes I agree,  Klarna have become a complete pain in the neck.  Why Samsung use them is beyond me, PayPal was so mush better.   So we are now left in a situation where Samsung are telling us we can upgrade, but Klarna say we cannot because we still owe money on the phone we are going to return which Klarna will be paid in full for by Samsung.  What a total Joke.

Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
After doing a early payment last night on klarna tried again to order s23 ultra this morning and still declined. No idea what to do now.
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Yes I did an early payment too, and also got declined again right at the last page after paying the 10% deposit, and then they still took the 10% upfront payment off my debit card.  I am seething as I know that this will not be easy to resolve.  This is now well beyond a joke.  Come on Samsung and Klarna, I expect much better from both of you.

0 Likes
pagagagamate
Pathfinder
Options

yeah - can't even click on pre-order at the moment... I bet it'll be all sold out once it works hahaha

0 Likes