Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade denied by Klarna

(Topic created on: 01-02-2023 08:16 PM)
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Is anybody having issues with the Samsung upgrade program?  I have been upgrading for 3 years now without a problem but this year Klarna have declined my application.  I have good a very credit rating and never been refused before.  The strange thing is that the payment for the S23 Ultra is the same as I have been paying for the S22 Ultra.  If I cannot not upgrade then this sort of make the whole upgrade program worthless.😩

60 REPLIES 60
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
Yes exactly same here and whe I log into klarna it says it was due to unpaid payments but when I go into due payment the samsung one says not due till 5th. So no idea what is going on.
0 Likes
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Yes this is all very strange.  What is the point of an upgrade program that wont let you upgrade.  Klarna say they cannot help as their system is "automated" and cannot be overridden and Samsung just don't seem interested 😞

MobileGuru
Navigator
Options
Yep, also been declined. Another year, same old problems with the upgrade programme.
Jonny1309
Explorer
Options

Yep, same as every year. Always problems upgrading, give it a day or 2 and it will probably work. 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe try a different browser
Also clear the data and cookies from your browser
Don't forget that everyone and their cousin is trying to pre order right now
So site traffic will be very busy
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
Did you manage to get in touch with klarna? On their app it gives me no options except to make a early payment on something that isn't even due and then try again
0 Likes
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

I have just signed into my Klarna account again and even though my bank account is listed as a payment method and is also shown in my current S22 Ultra contract, when I attempt to make a manual payment for my next instalment ,which is due in a few days on the 5th, I am told I don't have any payment methods setup and when I tried and re-add the bank account it failed with an generic failure message, so it is looking like an issue at Klarna.

0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
That's strange as it's let me do a manual payment for the next installment
0 Likes
tonytaz
Explorer
Options

Its still broken for me unfortunately.  I will try again in the morning.

0 Likes