Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in problem

(Topic created on: 30-04-2022 09:51 AM)
serestor
Apprentice
Options

I had until 30th April to send in my old phone as a trade in. I sent it on the 25th and it shows as received with royal mail on the 27th.

Last night I got a notification on my new S22 phone that it will be deactivated in 72 hours as they do not have my trade in.

I have sent a email to the trade-in people with proof of delivery. What else can I do to ensure they do not lock my phone?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @serestor 

I know your worried about this and it's correct that you've sent the email.

Can I ask which email address you used ?

We have seen recent posts on this forum as to where people have received this type of communication from Samsung which I'm assuming is automated.

So far I've only seen a couple of posts where a person's phone has been locked out.

If you perform a forum search you'll see these posts which will have advice within which also may help.

Due to it being the weekend and a Bank Holiday this Monday coming a response from Samsung maybe a little delayed.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
serestor
Apprentice
Options
samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk
Help@tradeinresponse.co.uk
helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk

Live chat offered those emails to try. They also gave me 2 phone numbers to try but both are only Monday to Friday.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for clarifying the emails @serestor   👍

I just wanted to make sure you were using the correct email addresses and they look fine.

Did you get an automated response from them ?

Also please keep an eye out in your Spam email folders just incase the responses drop into there.

I would still advise to call them too.

All the best with this and enjoy your weekend  😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

serestor
Apprentice
Options

I got a automatic reply that I would have a real reply within 24 hours, that has long passed.

The 2 phone numbers I have are both hour long queues that result in being cut off.

No reply to email.

It is not looking good, now over the 72 hours warning I was given. Having done everything as they asked. So worried I will lose my phone

0 Likes