Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop on line credit card authentication failure

(Topic created on: 13-10-2023 03:48 AM)
Michael Hyde
Apprentice
Options

I am trying to purchase an S23FE with a trade in S9 via the Samsung on line shop app.

When finally getting to security charge card authentication. Whatever card I try I get the message Authentication Failed. All cards are good, funds are available. If I return a page the app jumps back deletes information already entered and I have to go through the whole process again. Download an email verification code fill in identification details and eventually get back to the card verification that again fails to authenticate. Every time I try to purchase something from Samsung direct it is a total drama that takes hours and goes nowhere. I have received 8 verification codes, gone through this process 8 times and still I cannot give Samsung money for goods that they are trying to sell. Why have Samsung made this so hard. Can anyone advise..is it me... I don't think so. Great products rubbish on line service.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Where are you located in the world?
0 Likes
Michael Hyde
Apprentice
Options

I'm located in Brisbane Australia

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Ah I see. Seems like everywhere is getting the S23FE well before the UK is (December). Is there an Australia specific page for Samsung Members because I feel like they would be able to help you better. I've never had to deal with email verification codes when buying from Samsung online shop so I don't know if this is specific to Samsung Australia or your bank.
0 Likes
Michael Hyde
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your assistance. I think the problem is the way the on line shop works. I recently tried to buy a monitor through the shop and eventually gave up because the process kept crashing and going back to the start.  I have emailed Samsung support here in Oz and hopefully they will get back to me with a solution. I use my cards all the time and there is no issue there. The verification codes are also fine and work. The problem is after navigating such a long and tedious buying process, failure at the checkout is annoying. Buying stuff is supposed to be a fun experience not difficult and frustrating.

Thanks again. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Michael Hyde  Hopefully can get a resolution from support, phone and chat support information also here https://www.samsung.com/au/support/contact/   You may also receive advice from the Australian community as process a bit different here https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/community/ct-p/au-community? 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Michael Hyde
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your assistance. After wasting several hours yesterday and getting nowhere, I tried again today using a different device. Got right through to the trade in verification process uploaded driver licence details, filled in missing information and could get go further. No indication of what was wrong. Spoke to the help desk and after some back and forth was advised that the tech guys were aware of a problem with the on line process. It was suggested to try again in a few days. I left the screen up on my laptop and on returning some time later pressed the "next" button and it went through to the card verification page where I got stuck yesterday. This time I entered the card details and no problems at all. The order has been placed. What a slog, I wonder if Samsung could make it any harder. The thought crossed my mind that whilst some of the offers they make look good I suspect many give up and miss out.

Thanks all.