Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-ordered S23 Ultra without bonus storage

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 12:25 AM)
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
I've pre ordered the S23 Ultra on the 1st. I couldn't really see on the order confirmation any mention of the storage but asked via the online chat and they confirmed it would be the 512Gb version, since I've ordered the 256Gb (free upgrade to the next storage tier).
Received the device earlier (on the 8th), which was nice, but somehow just noticed now that it's the 256GB version. Now it's fine to be honest but this also means it's the 8GB of RAM version too. Which looking at my usage is borderline. 

I'm going to contact Samsung again but curious if anyone else has experienced the same issue?

I'm sure I can live with it but still, I'm more annoyed that I didn't get what I was told I would.

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
eljefe90
Explorer
Options
I think you had to select the 512gb version and it was more of a price discount to the price of the 256gb?
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's is exactly right, when you select the 512gb phone you wanted, it says that they will only charge you for 256gb.

If you selected 256gb, there isnt a storage upgrade notice.

There has been other who have this mistake. I don't know if promo is still on, you can return existing phone and reorder I guess

I don't think there is anything they can do about sending you another phone out
Kathie1404
Pathfinder
Options
I've seen this somewhere too. I think it maybe is on here. Advice was to return, which you can do within 14 days I think. Suppose its the hassle, once youve set the new one up
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
*****, I can't remember now what I order but then I feel like I would've picked the 512GB because of the price. I seem to recall both were at the same price. But yeah, I definitely can't be bothered to send it back unless they send me another one before, but knowing Samsung this is not happening.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Don't fill your phone with vampire apps and you will have space for storage.
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Yeah I'm not worried about storage space, I come from the S22U 256Gb and it was fine. But my S22 had 12Gb of RAM and this S23U has 8Gb. Which is enough but it doesn't look like it's plenty. But then I've been using it for over a week now and it's fine. If anything it's way better than the S22U probably thanks to the Snapdragon.
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Well, contacted Samsung, and apparently for people using the upgrade program we don't get the free storage upgrade. So no perks for pre-ordering basically
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
So much for the loyal customer am I right...
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
And the worst part, I asked Samsung Support on the next day I preordered, to confirm what model I was getting since the email order didn't mention any storage spec, and they confirmed it was 512GB ...
0 Likes