Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Extra Trade-in Convenience?

(Topic created on: 17-11-2023 10:58 AM)
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Hi Samsung Moderators,

I am currently in the process of undertaking my first device trade in with Sammy. Meanwhile, I have noticed a few things.
1. The packaging comes in with the delivery company, who will deliver my new shiny device.
2. After that I'll have 7 days to send in my device to a specific address provided by Samsung in the label.

Thats a good process and I like it. However, I think it could be even more gooder/efficient.
My suggestion is; how about an extension to the current process where by I could be able to optionally handover the trade in device while my new device is delivered. This could be a really convenient method to send back the trade-in device as it would save me time to get to the nearest post office.
Common questions;
What if the delivery person does not find you?
Its an optional feature. So no worries, you still have 7 days to send your old device.

If this cannot work, thats alright and I would appreciate some feedback on why it wouldnt work.

Fwenks!
17 REPLIES 17
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Trade in devices are sent to a third party company that deals with the old devices.
You can imagine the volume of items being traded in. Not just phones.
So getting them sent in with as quick as possible time will be nessassary for planning. As you can imagine that they get sent on for either recycling or reconditioning etc by further third parties
New devices sent will be from a completely different source. Deliveries are timed and planned as well.
So to get two different couriers to deliver and pick up quickly would not really be feasible.
Suggestions like yours would be handy, but people are too variable to rely on to get a system to work. Post offices don't like to store items for long, especially with batteries as well.
Items with batteries tend to get shipped quickly, so post offices for example don't have a pile of devices that may have potentially, batteries in a poor condition.

What phone are you trading in and what are you getting?
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Sorry, before I respond further can you please clarify here; So to get two different couriers to deliver and pick up quickly would not really be feasible.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You are also forgetting alot of people want to transfer old data to new phone so how wpuld they be able to have phone ready to send back in? Or the new phone may be DOA, you wouldn't kow until you power it on, if you returned it already you would be without a phone whilst a replacement is found for you
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Uhm I think I addressed that when I said it could be optional....?? I tried to consider both sides🙂
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Logistically that would be a nightmare

Aswell as an additional cost for all, as surely can't be a free service
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BaronDigo  whilst such a system might sound good in theory logistically would be tough to achieve , not really practical for the reasons @Glenntech  mentioned.

When you trade in your Device whilst you can use the  free tracked option (only insured for £100), therefore greater protection with the special Delivery service.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Dont you think the delivery company can handle that?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I dont think they can handle that, I think they struggle just to deliver on time as they have to send out millions of handsets
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Ah I hear you sir. However, since company Z delivers the phone, why not use the same company Z to collect a device upon delivery of another; I think thats where I would like to understand why its not feasible, if you dont mind.
0 Likes