Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another what would you do question s24 ultra fiasco

(Topic created on: 31-01-2024 12:04 PM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
So my faulty s24 ultra is now with Samsung. I have been told 7-10 days to process the device not 7-10 days to get a replacement. It also says earliest date to receive the phone will be 21/02/24 if ordered now which is 3 weeks today but add on processing time and the que to get bigger you could be looking at March. So my options now are sit tight and continue to use the ageing iphone 12 mini for probably 6 weeks. Or I can cancel and hope to get my trade in back or if I can't buy something else however it won't an s24 ultra as the deals have gone. One thing I miss about when I was with apple is any issues walk in and walk out with a new phone within 45 min as opposed to wait 45 days with no phone what so every I am so annoyed. So do I ride it out or walk away? Decisions. P.s for anyone that doesn't know me I have been here many many times before I have 0 luck with phones and any faulty phones from any manufacturer I use mainly apple & Samsung those phones always come to me 😑 
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
I'd just ride it out, you've been through enough without having to worry about receiving back trade-ins. 3 weeks is not that long.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Probably best to stick with it as annoying as it is.
You won't get the trade in phone back, as it will most likely have been processed by now.
I do like the way apple does things, but the phones tend to be reconditioned and not new.
Had this before when I took an iPhone in and it needed replacing.
I was asking at the time, if it would be new. They said if it was a brand new product range, it probably would be. But otherwise be as new reconditioned phone in store.
But still it's good as they have a limited range of devices they can do that instore
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It's probably going to be more like 6 but I know what you mean it will so fly
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea that is true if its past the return period but if its before its a quick swap. But then the phones aren't as good as Samsung. I will probably end up waiting I would get the money back instead I'm guessing if I cancelled but then what am I going to buy lol. Just going to have to try and forget about it I'm just scared the new device will have an issue too 🙃
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh I really don't like the iPhone to use. Got one for work purposes, but there's so much about it that's frustrating to use and the UI looks so dated.
Well hopefully it comes back and exceeds your expectations.
Really enjoying mine so far
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I know what you mean I actually like both but iphone been buggy lately although ios17.3 on the 12 mini is pretty good but battery is shot. As for the s24 ultra it already did wow me I was really happy with it and luckily I had enough time to play with it so at least I know what's coming back to me. I will love it just praying for a decent unit. 🙏
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Know it is frustrating but if generally impressed with the S24 Ultra and you know what to expect agree it would be better to wait, otherwise run the risk of disappointment.  Anyway would be issue with the Trade In now.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Daniel87
Pathfinder
Options
What was wrong with the phone?

I had an issue with my s22 ultra two years back. Where the camera on the front screen was showing a flashing green light (it was something to do with the light sensor and was very annoying. They ended up sending an technician out who couldn't re solve the issue. After all that they said its a software issue and it will sort itself after the next update.
Next update the green light had gone.
Ive been with samsung for years and that is the only issue I've had
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Certainly is gone up to 1st of March now, I think with trade in they either send it back or give you thr money minus the extra you got. Like you said I probably just going to have to wait just doesn't help the spare phone is ropey