Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG CRG9 - HDR issue

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 10:47 AM)
ZonanFrea
First Poster
Options
I have a problem with my HDR on my Samsung CRG9 Monitor
When I turn on HDR the picture gets generally darker.
Colors do not shine, the picture looks washed out. Black is not very black and white is not very white.
It's like putting 0n sunglasses.
Firmware of the Monitor is the latest one-1007.02. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit
MSI RX580 Gaming X Graphic Card on Desktop.
When I switch to SDR everything is much better.
Also when I set the HDR on the PS4 Pro after HDR adjustment I can see just for second the real colors of HDR in the PS4 menu..very rich colors, flowing blue to purple..and then goes as before..flat simple colors
Does anyone have the same problem and have a solution?
I think I have tried almost everything and actually my last hope of working HDR was my PS4...
Any help...?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Are you using an HDMI 2.1 cable? HDMI - Wikipedia

0 Likes
ZonanFrea
First Poster
Options

No, HDMI 2.0 I guess for PS4 Pro and PC DP 1.4

Why?  I even changed the HDMI stock cable with the one from the monitor box.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you refer to the Wikipedia page you will see HDR10 needs a 2.1 cable so I think that's the cause of your issue.
0 Likes
ZonanFrea
First Poster
Options

Ok, but I try it on 8bit color depth on my  PC  and the issue was still there with DP 1.4 cable

The most weird thing is my PS4...the same issue with HDR  - darker picture and washed out colors with the stock HDMI cable 2.0 

I update firmware yesterday to the newest one - 1007.02 with the idea the HDR will be fixed, but...was exactly the same as before. Any other suggestions   ?

Do you think is the Software issue or is Hardware...? I seen many people in internet facing the same HDR problem

0 Likes
fab4mas
Student
Options

Same issue for me:

Xbox series X with HDR works perfectly on a normal 55" samsung TV (a cheaper one) but not on my 32:9 c49rg90.

Same for windows via hdmi: if i disable HDR in windows setting colors are brilliant and black zones  are perfect.

0 Likes
gamechanger
First Poster
Options

yes actually this problem happened when this monitor release back few years ago , for HDMI input with PS4 PRO / PS5 , the HDR is never working fine. the color wash out, contrast is wrong.

I think many of us was asking Samsung to update but it never gonna happen.

right now they have release the odyssey G9 / Neo G9 already and I don't think Samsung is going to support this any more.

so just use SDR for PS4 pro / PS5.

for PC with HDR  it does not have any problem

0 Likes
Fellikanen
First Poster
Options

I'm sorry but I just have to ask.

I have the same monitor and have been trying to figure this out for months, the monitor doesn't have an HDMI 2.1 port, only 2.0.

Would a 2.1 cable really matter then? i have a 3080 so HDMI 2.1 is sorted on the source end, but why would they release a monitor with HDR10 if it requires 2.1 but then release the monitor without the needed port to use the feature??? If that's the case a 2.1 cable wouldn't even matter right since the monitor needs a 2.1 port at the back?

0 Likes
DennyA
First Poster
Options

Same issue here and I'm using DisplayPort, so it's not an HDMI cable issue.

chernyavskiy
First Poster
Options

same

0 Likes