Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G5 Monitor - cannot get it to set at 120hz on 1440p for xbox series x

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 06:36 PM)
Ross17
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

i recently bought a G5 odyssey as it has hdmi 2.0 port so he could game at 120hz on 1440p and wanted to move my sons xbox into his bedroom.

However having set it up and using a proper hdmi 2.0 cable (actually hdmi 2.1 cable) the xbox wont let me set 1440p to 120hz i can only do this for 1080p

Any ideas how i fix this?

I’ve checked that the monitor firmware is up to date etc and cable is brand new.

Thanks

#G5 Odyssey Monitor

10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Ross17
Apprentice
Options

Hi Steve 

Thanks for your response but unfortunately these links are for connecting xboxs to samsung tv’s not monitors.

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try Below

To connect an Xbox One to a monitor or television, unbox the free HDMI cable that came with your console. If the monitor or television has an HMDI port built in, simply connect one end to the Xbox One's HDMI Out port. Next connect the other end to the HDMI port on your display.
0 Likes
Ross17
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Steve. Doesnt help.

kemal alkan
First Poster
Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGALLZbiPw&t=51s   

the answer is here. watch and fix. I registered for you :winking-face: to be able to comment

Danmark
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same problem but I’m on ps5

kjetil78
Student
Options

this dosen help either for odyssey g5 i have tryed but cant get the same menu that show`s here. i have the exactly same problem whit my new odyssey g5 34". tried samsung support and x box support no help so i donst understand some can get it on there monitor but others dont 😞 i have like i sed a brand new monitor and a brand new xbox x series. 

0 Likes
Monkeypaws
Apprentice
Options

Feel your pain. I just bought a 34"curved G5 and having very similar problems but I can't get 120hz on anything. IT will only offer me 60 0r 100hz. Am at the point of sending it back.

kjetil78
Student
Options

yes same as me 😞 this is not good at all  i`ve tryed every thing now and fed up no one can help me tryed samsung costumer service xbox service and even the store i bougth the monitor so i also is wondering to send it back and get another brand or something 😞 😞 

0 Likes